? for those who purchased Cheers / drink wine by the glass in the MDR

taszmom

I am planning on purchasing the Cheers program on my upcoming Breeze cruise, my concern is not being able to get wines by the glass in a timely fashion in the MDR. We are doing Anytime Dining also. On my last several cruises, it was tough getting a bottle of wine delivered to our table before they started serving the food. Since I am purchasing the Cheers program, I really don't want to purchase a bottle even though I get 25% discount. Has anyone had any experience with this on a recent cruise?

I miss sommeliers. I guess the other thing I am thinking about is finding a waiter we like hopefully on the 1st night, and ask for his section each night like we did on our last cruise and giving him a nice tip upfront so he will be attentive to us.

We had no problem. Our Bar Waiter was great. We tipped him a $1 per drink and he would walk past everyone in the dining room and come to us first. And when he delivered drinks. Doing ATD may be a bit different, so you may want to consider bringing in a glass of wine with you.

I was on the pride last week and was hugely disappointed with cheers because it was nearly impossible to get a drink anywhere, especially in the dining room most nights. I had to get up and find a waiter one night. I did get smart and stopped at a bar before going into MDR. Maybe the breeze is better staffed but your concerns are valid.

We usually do bring a glass of wine in with us because we usually have to wait a few minutes for a table, so we go to the closest bar and order a glass of wine while we are waiting. I was just wondering how hard it would be to get one after that. I think money talks so maybe as soon as we sit down and meet our waiters, we will just lay some $ down.

We usually do bring a glass of wine in with us because we usually have to wait a few minutes for a table, so we go to the closest bar and order a glass of wine while we are waiting. I was just wondering how hard it would be to get one after that. I think money talks so maybe as soon as we sit down and meet our waiters, we will just lay some $ down.

Agreed. Our bar waiter we probably had about 6 drinks total with him at dinner the first night (2 wines each and 1 after dinner each). So he got a whopping $6 from me. He remembered me to the point when I was walking through the ship the next day he called out to me to say hello and to let me know he was working up in serenity and we should come up. I was glad we did!

Agreed. Our bar waiter we probably had about 6 drinks total with him at dinner the first night (2 wines each and 1 after dinner each). So he got a whopping $6 from me. He remembered me to the point when I was walking through the ship the next day he called out to me to say hello and to let me know he was working up in serenity and we should come up. I was glad we did!

Awesome! That's what I like. I guess they know the ones who are willing to dole out some moolah!

We were on the Breeze on 3/28-4/7. We did the Cheers program and anytime dining.

When we sat down and our waiter came over and introduced himself we immediately let him know that we needed to see the bar waiter. They would then send him right over. Sebastian was the bar waiter every night we were there. We called him by name and joked with him and he took good care of us.

I think there are very few bar waiters in the MDR and makes for a longer wait than most of us would like. That being said, we had a large group (9) and we would always meet at the bar outside our dining room while waiting for everyone to get there. So we would always walk in with a drink in hand to the dining room, which made the wait for bar waiter much easier to tolerate.:D

As for getting drinks at other parts of the ship with the Cheers program, I don't think we waited any longer that anyone else. During high volume times the wait is longer, but, that is to be expected. I enjoyed having the Cheers program and would not hesitate to use it again!

On my most recent cruise my DW and I used MTD and left a $4 tip for the waiter each night since we didn't know who we would get. I like getting good service and have no issues in paying it but my question to the board is that tip enough per table (a couple) per night = $28 bucks by the end of the cruise?

Your input is appreciated.

Chile

• 2 weeks later...

Its not the cheers program, but when we buy a bottle of wine in the main dinning room, We just tell the waiter we would like our bottle before ordering. (We do this in land base restaurants also) We tend to get service pretty fast.

Archived