Freestyle Dining Question

I've worn them and thousands of others have too, as long as they aren't jeans.

This is where you lose me. If the brochure states "no t-shirts, shorts, bare feet in the dining rooms." And that is all it states why would capris be ok and jeans not? Capris to me are far more casual than jeans.

Capris are definitely acceptable under NCL's "resort casual" policy. I've been on 4 Freestyle cruises and there is usually a sign outside the main dining rooms indicating "no jeans". Sometimes it says "no torn jeans". For whatever reason, most cruise lines have decided that jeans are too casual for dinner attire.

Capris come in dressy fabrics and, although I am not one who would choose to wear them to the dining room, I saw quite a few on my recent NCL cruises.

People were requested NOT to wear jeans at dinner and the majority complied.

Capris are definitely acceptable under NCL's "resort casual" policy. I've been on 4 Freestyle cruises and there is usually a sign outside the main dining rooms indicating "no jeans". Sometimes it says "no torn jeans". For whatever reason, most cruise lines have decided that jeans are too casual for dinner attire.

So if it says "no jeans" then I understand why capris would be ok and jeans not. But if it only says "no torn jeans" then jeans that are not torn would be acceptable. But I do agree capris are ok when shorts are not.

So if it says "no jeans" then I understand why capris would be ok and jeans not. But if it only says "no torn jeans" then jeans that are not torn would be acceptable. But I do agree capris are ok when shorts are not.

I agree with your interpretation. The problem is that they're inconsistent. The brochures state one thing; the web site another; onboard signage another; and the Freestyle Daily another. And, based on what I've read here on CC, it even varies from ship to ship. To be fair, other cruise lines are also inconsistent, especially with the enforcement of whatever dress policy they supposedly have. IMO, they're all trying to be as accepting as possible to avoid alienating their customers. Unfortunately, when they do that, sometimes people who adhere to the "rules" resent the people who don't follow them, whether intentionally or not.

Archived