Hotwire & betterbidding Need hotel definition!

Jerlyn

:confused: I have gone on hotwire for a reservation 10-28-05 and then checked betterbidding for help, but it does not look like they match anymore.

Question: I was looking at North Ft Lauderdale.

Does anyone know what hotels these are.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Hotwire has been a bit iffy lately. Their prices have gone sky high the last year or so. You might want to begin research for Priceline as that is about the only place to find the deals anymore. I used to use hotwire all of the time as it was easier to identify hotels, but anymore, it is really a challenge.

Best of Luck, I hope you find a deal out there.

Bidding for travel was hacked not too long ago so it is building and repairing last time I checked. I checked the other day and almost all of the previous posts were gone with a message at the top. Sure hope they had some of it backed up somewhere. Darned hackers anyway! ARGH!

We have booked through Priceline and know they hotels don't give you their points for staying when booking through Priceline(also won't let you upgrade, even if willing to pay extra). I was told by another person that with hotwire purchase the hotels give you the freq. guest points. Does anyone have actual experience with this.

That's horrible about biddingfortravel....so helpful!

Also, we have been able to upgrade using priceline...once we're at the hotel, if any available. In Fort Lauderdale, almost always able at Hyatt Pier 66. Speaking of, we really enjoy staying here pre-cruise because of the great pool, the balconies overlooking the lush foilage (what a respite from ohio snow), the walk down the canal along the yachts where we usually walk up the steps to the second-floor of a very casual restaurant (sorry, can't think of name) for tasty grouper overlooking cruise ships...and then, finally, watching the ships from atop the revolving rooftop bar. Now, all of this said...and the real reason I'm mentioning this at all...is to warn smokers. Don't get a smoking room here. I had read posts from other smokers complaining and then, last year while traveling with parents (who smoke, we don't)...discovered Hyatt squirrels priceline smokers into its first-floor rooms which have an overwhelming smell of mold. Hyatt, to its credit, found parents a 2nd floor room after complaints.

That is great news. Maybe they had things backed up, or at least partially. I was so down when I went to check one day a couple weeks ago and all, and I mean ALL the info was gone with the message that the site had been hacked. It is a great place to find the latest info on hotels from Priceline and Hotwire.

Coral-I don't think Amber has updated her www.biddingfun.com site in a very long time so not sure I would trust the info that is on there. These sites, to be useful, need to be updated constantly to be accurate. Sure hope Amber is doing OK though, it has been a very long time since I have talked to her.

Coral-I don't think Amber has updated her www.biddingfun.com site in a very long time so not sure I would trust the info that is on there. These sites, to be useful, need to be updated constantly to be accurate. Sure hope Amber is doing OK though, it has been a very long time since I have talked to her.

Toto -thanks. This was a great site she had. She is probably busy with her other ventures to keep this up.

It's really tough getting lodging in Fla during boat shows. If you post a bid assistance form on biddingfortravel the moderator will help you. Be sure to understand the concept of free rebidding because it is the most important thing to know when using priceline.

There is a less than 5% chance that Hotwire will be cheaper than Priceline. Hotwire's nightly fees are higher not to mention hotwire's rates are sometimes higher than the hotel's own website. There have been times for us when Priceline was $35/nt cheaper than Hotwire:confused:

We have booked through Priceline and know they hotels don't give you their points for staying when booking through Priceline(also won't let you upgrade, even if willing to pay extra). I was told by another person that with hotwire purchase the hotels give you the freq. guest points. Does anyone have actual experience with this.

Using Priceline I have sometime received points for my stay and sometimes not, but I don't care because of the money that I save. I have also been upgraded for free and paid to upgrade many many times using Priceline. I believe your friend is misinformed or stays at very stingy hotels!! :D

To add on to Dosi's comments, we have received suite upgrades on 4 occasions when using PL and only had 2 bad experiences in a few hundred nights over the years.

Regarding hotel points, you will get points on incidentals but not on the actual stay, but people have reported success on Priceline stays for there are "stay twice get a 3nd night free" at Wyndham hotels. This is a "sometimes" occurance. If you are a Starwood Gold card holder you still get the room upgrade, even on PL stays. And as mentioned above, the financial savings are much more worth paying than an extra $100/night or more to get the points.

Archived