Quantum--Studio Cabin Questions

I booked one of the 12 "Super studio with balcony" cabins aka single balcony. I booked it on May 30 for the Quantum Jan 11, 2015 sailing. The category was almost sold out. This 12 nt cruise even with no single supplement it cost me the same as a regular sized Balcony (E2) for Explorer 10 nt cruise this past march with the single sup. I hope some folks who sail in these single cabins before me take and post some photos on here.

Denise

• 6 months later...
Well, I might be a little help to some of you. I have booked a studio cabin on the Radiance, 108 sq ft, 1 twin bed for May 2014. I will take pics of it and it might give you an idea of what your studios will look like. :)

I am glad they are finally allowing them to be booked. I tried just after they were added for my 2012 Australia cruise.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

One of the things RCCL may have missed that NCL got right is the studio lounge. On the first night, there's a cocktail hour in the lounge where the solos meet up. Typically, there's a dedicated studio cruise director who tries to organize group dinner, lunches and sometimes excursions. There's a fancy coffee machine and snacks 24/7. So, you feel like you're part of a group. And the studio, though very small, has cool design elements like mood lighting. It's not quite fair to say there's no sinkhole supplement, because NCCL studio is. 150% of the price of an interior room, so solos are paying more, but not double.

I'm cruising on the Serenade in one of the "new" refurbished studios they added, it had a 17% single supplement. Smaller interior room, no lounge....we will see. I'll post a comparison to the Epic....I'm hoping for the best!

In the meantime, I'll research these new studios on the Quantum. They could be just what many solos have been asking for!