First timer in Bermuda...how does this sound?

noobcruiser

My DW and I are heading out in 10 days on the ExOS for the 5 day bermuda cruise to celebrate our 40th birthdays.

I have been reading a bunch of threads about Bermuda on CC as well as other websites and have come up with a rough itinerary and wanted to hear from the experts on the feasibility.

Arrive on Monday

-Take Ferry to St. George.

-Explore on own OR hire a Blue Flag Taxi (if available)

-From St. George travel back towards Hamilton (on own or via taxi tour), perhaps stopping at any interesting sites (opinions welcome)

-Shop\sightsee in Hamilton (on own, by taxi tour, or opinions welcome)

-Head back to ship for dinner (by ferry)

Tuesday (must be back on ship by 3 or so)

-Take Ferry to Hamilton. Then using the buses, travel back to the Dockyard, jumping off at various sites to explore (beaches, etc., opinions welcome)

-Explore Royal Dockyard until 3pm

Thoughts? Opinions?

We are not "lay on the beach" or "active adventure" types, but we do like to leisurely explore new areas and are open to museums, architecture, shops, historic sites, etc.

Thanks for any input!

Arrive on Monday

-Take Ferry to St. George.

-Explore on own OR hire a Blue Flag Taxi (if available)

-From St. George travel back towards Hamilton (on own or via taxi tour), perhaps stopping at any interesting sites (opinions welcome)

-Shop\sightsee in Hamilton (on own, by taxi tour, or opinions welcome)

-Head back to ship for dinner (by ferry)

Tuesday (must be back on ship by 3 or so)

-Take Ferry to Hamilton. Then using the buses, travel back to the Dockyard, jumping off at various sites to explore (beaches, etc., opinions welcome)

-Explore Royal Dockyard until 3pm

Thoughts? Opinions?

First, happy birthday to you both!

Get the furthest in first is a good way to go.

St George is nice, felt different to me there than in Hamilton or Kings Wharf. Some things relatively easy to get to walking if you plan things out well.

Note that the bus area in Hamilton is a block or so off of the main drag (I want to say Front street, but that's not right, I think my brain is firing on Key West for some reason). Make sure you know what street it is on so you don't get turned around adding frustration to your plans. If you find that you are enjoying Hamilton shopping etc and run a little later than you'd like the ferry might be a faster option back to KW, but yes, that bus ride is neat to just see the lay of the land, houses people live in, etc.

I know you're not beach people and you mention hoping off to see them - never underestimate how beautiful and romantic some of these beaches are. I highly recommend jumping off near Warwick and walking between beaches heading back in the direction of the ship (skipping the often crowded Horseshoe). Beautiful pink sand, huge rocky outcrops, just beautiful.

Enjoy Bermuda!

Judy

Archived