Not Quite Sure If Its An Upgrade But I Did It!

jvitatoe26

Well, I was initially booked on the Valor in an interior cabin on deck 7, aft. Then, I moved us to Lido deck, forward in an interior with all the price drops.

A few days ago, I got an email saying we can upgrade to an ocean view for $35pp. So, I looked at the rooms available and thought nah, thats not really an upgrade, going down to Riviera or Main deck. I called the # given and inquired abt a balcony for an extra fee on top of the $70 (I figured a couple hundred) and they declined. So I thought no biggie I will keep price watching for OBC and keep our current room.

Well today I was in a mock booking and just looking at all the room categories to see what was still available across the board. I saw that room 2470 was available and looked GIANT! After a quick search on these boards, I was able to see pics of the room (I think, I was slightly confused by the post, it stated Liberty and Valor), and saw that it was HUGE as compared, and had TWO windows!! So I called, and I was able to get it for the $35pp!!!

I am not quite sure its an "upgrade" as far as decks go, and I am no longer in between sleeping floors and probably near some noise, but with the space and the TWO windows on a Southern Carib itinerary, I am one happy first time cruiser!!!!!! :)

Well, I was initially booked on the Valor in an interior cabin on deck 7, aft. Then, I moved us to Lido deck, forward in an interior with all the price drops.

A few days ago, I got an email saying we can upgrade to an ocean view for $35pp. So, I looked at the rooms available and thought nah, thats not really an upgrade, going down to Riviera or Main deck. I called the # given and inquired abt a balcony for an extra fee on top of the $70 (I figured a couple hundred) and they declined. So I thought no biggie I will keep price watching for OBC and keep our current room.

Well today I was in a mock booking and just looking at all the room categories to see what was still available across the board. I saw that room 2470 was available and looked GIANT! After a quick search on these boards, I was able to see pics of the room (I think, I was slightly confused by the post, it stated Liberty and Valor), and saw that it was HUGE as compared, and had TWO windows!! So I called, and I was able to get it for the $35pp!!!

I am not quite sure its an "upgrade" as far as decks go, and I am no longer in between sleeping floors and probably near some noise, but with the space and the TWO windows on a Souther Carib itinerary, I am one happy first time cruiser!!!!!! :)

As long as your happy , it's an upgrade ;)

if you google 2473 you will get tons of pictures. my family is booked in the 2473 on the Glory Butn be aware that you will get vibrations esspecially when entering and elaving ports the cabin itseelf is amazing. another awesome room to check out 9200

It's an awesome upgrade. I wouldn't take an inside cabin over an oceanview cabin (even on the Lido deck) even if it was free.

We stayed in one of those OV cabins with two windows when we sailed on the Liberty a few years back and LOVED it. I can assure you won't be dissappointed.

definitely still an upgrade! My husband can'tfigure out why people will pay more to be on a higher deck to begin with...higher deck can mean more motion.

Then again my husband also doesn't understand why people pay more to have a window,and I like more motion so we're happy with an inside on the panorama. What kind of cabin you like and where is the best place on the ship are very subjective.

~Katy

Yay! This makes me so happy to hear! I was kinda nervous about being so far forward on a higher deck due to seasickness and the room looks huge as compared to the old one!!!!

Once again, I would have been clueless without all the great advice and help on these boards so thanks everyone :)

On Triumph it was VERY noisy .. so be prepared for constant vibration.. but yes its a bigger cabin. I am torn if its a upgrade or not.

Id be just as happy in my 1A porthole or a PT .. but thats me.

Scale of 1-10 how bad is the noise? I dont really tend to sleep a lot on vacay (usually up til 3-5am and then back up around 8-9am...the sun, fun and booze keeps me going I guess lol) but I am a VERY light sleeper when I do sleep.

If you are happy it is great!!! I am excited for you! Don't know anything about the cabin but it sounds great
:p

great cabins we always try to get them on our cruises. noise is really nothing to speak of have fun

bia

Don't know when you're cruising, but we have 2470 and 2473 on the Glory May 19. It's going to be awesome.

Not scared about "vibrations" at all. I think I might even enjoy it. You know, like how the hum of the car puts babies to sleep.

I am on the Valor, May 26th! I hope you are right! :)

OK not Fire but , on a scale of 1-10 , 3-5. It wakes you Good Morning as your going into the ports.

But I don't mind, I need to shower, grab a bite and get ready to visit the island. :o:D A can do process ;)

Perfect, I don't have to worry about packing a battery operated alarm clock haha! Thanks for your input, I appreciate it :)

Archived