What specifically can I carry on for beverages?

Mistyhon

I don't see specifics listed in their policy about drinks other than water, soda, and alcohol (juice for example). I'm wanting to carry on a bottle of bloody mary mix (I love the stuff and tomato juice is just not comparable!) Last year on our cruise they barely looked twice at our two bottles of wine, but made me toss an open bottle (liter) of water.

Does anyone have any experience with carrying on a beverage other than water, wine or soda? Am I going to be able to carry it on or are they going to confiscate it. BTW: we're sailing on the breeze out of POM if it matters. TIA!! :)

Last year on our cruise they barely looked twice at our two bottles of wine, but made me toss an open bottle (liter) of water.

this year is different compared to last year== last year you could check whole cases of water and soda-- this year you have to carry your drinks.

If its alcohol it will be confiscated. Putting it in your checked luggage they MIGHT open it to confiscate it or call you down to open it so they can check it

We bought a really sturdy back pack 4 years ago in Long Beach. It holds 21 of a 24 pk /20oz. bottles of water. As we go thru security they empty the bag and examine each bottle to make sure it is water. Have not had one problem. Been thru Miami and Long Beach 2 times. Just thru Long Beach in December.

I carried on a standard jug of pineapple juice (maybe 1.5 litre size bought in grocery store) and six regular sized water bottles. They checked the seals very carefully but never made a comment about the sizes. Although they say 12 - 20 ounce bottles, I think you can carry on any unopened, non-alcoholic beverage in any size container as long as it isn't an excessive amount.

i wonder if instead of a full bottle of wine I could bring a four pak of those single serving wines ?

According to Carnival's site, " However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage"

Archived