Place to leave luggage near Tampa port?

ahecht

We have a late flight after our cruise ends in Tampa and were planning on visiting the aquarium and Riverwalk area. Is there somewhere near the port that will hold our luggage? I saw some threads from several years ago indicating that the aquarium will hold luggage, but nothing recent. It doesn't look like the Luggage Valet service is offered out of Tampa.

Edited by ahecht

Unless something has changed I think there is still luggage storage available at the aquarium. If you are going to make a long day out of it you chould rent a car and put the bags in the trunk - might come out cheaper than cab fares and some of the car rental places will shuttle you for FREE to their TPA airport location. Good luck! :)

• 8 months later...
I work at the Aquarium and we still gladly will check your luggage free of charge if you are visiting the Aquarium.

That's what I ended up doing back in May. The luggage check was a bit disorganized, but the people there were very friendly and accomodating and the Aquarium itself was great.

If you don't need to get to the luggage before you fly home you may look into some of the luggage services that will take your luggage from your cabin the night before and it shows up at you arrival airport. The Cruise line may offer this service. I use this type of service if I have a later flight and want to tour the City.

This past December cruise the cost was around $20.00 for 2 bags plus the airline luggage fees.