Considering Carnival for the 1st time...

acbat1

I'm considering doing a quick cruise on carnival in June. I've only ever cruised Disney (LOVE!) and RCL (LOVE!). I'm not that difficult to please as long as things are Clean. My questions are this

Children's program (we will be taking a 9 month old 4, 5, 11, and 15 year old) all have cruised with us before. What are your opinions of the Carnivals Children's programs (particularly the Imagination and Glory)

Secondly the actual ships I know Imagination is fairly old but went under referb in 2008 and Glory in 2012. What do you all think of these ships?

Thanks for you help

PS My mom just went on Breeze....she loved it so she doesn't want to ruin her opinion of Carnival if going on one of the older ships is a vast difference (of course she expects differences but no drastic differences)

I'm considering doing a quick cruise on carnival in June. I've only ever cruised Disney (LOVE!) and RCL (LOVE!). I'm not that difficult to please as long as things are Clean. My questions are this

Children's program (we will be taking a 9 month old 4, 5, 11, and 15 year old) all have cruised with us before. What are your opinions of the Carnivals Children's programs (particularly the Imagination and Glory)

Secondly the actual ships I know Imagination is fairly old but went under referb in 2008 and Glory in 2012. What do you all think of these ships?

Thanks for you help

PS My mom just went on Breeze....she loved it so she doesn't want to ruin her opinion of Carnival if going on one of the older ships is a vast difference (of course she expects differences but no drastic differences)

The old ships are a tremendous step down from what you are used to.

My first cruise was the Imagination, my second and third were the Glory and I'm booked for number 6 on the Glory again. I've enjoyed all of these ships and always remember my vacation is what I make of it. And yes I would do Imagination again, just hasn't been the right time for us.

I've never been on a Carnival ship that wasn't clean and the staff have always been better than good to us.

I have been on the Glory twice and always had a great time. For some reason everyone loves the Glory. I would go on her again.

I have also been on the Imagination twice but would probably not go on her again. There are limited balconies on that ship and we are very spoiled and must have a balcony.

I have never in 9 cruises on Carnival seen a dirty ship. The crew is alway painting/cleaning/cleaning. When you get up in the morning and someone is wiping down the stairs on the lido you know that every part of that ship is clean.

Glory is a nice ship- I haven't been on her, but the people I know who have really enjoyed her.

I think you need to go in with the expectation that it should be clean, but might be a step down from what you are used to. I know you say 'short' but I would say carnival is not at its best for 3-4 day cruises. Consider at least 5 days, 7 would be better. You get less of a party crowd and more of the family crowd on the week long vacations.

The kids club programs get rave reviews most of the time. I think your 9 month old is too young for their organized programs, though they do have paid babysitting, but it is not always available (I think a staff member has to agree to do it...).

My daughter hasn't been in Camp Carnival on the Imagination or Glory, but she has on the Liberty, Inspiration, Destiny and Breeze. 8 years old, 8 years old, and 10 years old. And loved every minute of being in Camp!! the free camp ends at 10pm and you can pay extra to stay later - many nights we'd go to pick her up and she'd beg us to let her stay later, so we did :)

Thanks folks. Looks like we will be going for the glory. It's a five day new england. Not really worried about the 9 month old not being old enough for children's program. I likely wouldn't leave him anyway. The 15 year old can watch him in the room if I want a massage : )

Archived