Booking day before a cruise?

hladygirl

Would like to go Boston to Bermuda on the dawn this summer out of Boston to get me through until my November two week cruise. Has anyone ever booked a cruise the day before it leaves to get a good deal? I can't spend a lot but can leave at short notice. Anyone ever do this for the dawn out of Boston and get a good deal?

It is possible to do, but risky. Since NCL likes to sail with their ships full, they usually have nothing available the last few days before. Between the efforts of the upsell fairy, and final offers to Travel Partners, there is a strong likelihood that there will be nothing available.

To be safe, you might want to book a week or even two ahead. ;)

Boston ships are historically full, when is the sail date? You can wait until about 2 months out to see whats left, some go down, most stay the same.

I don't have a specific sail date in mind. My job is very flexible. I just figured I would call ncl each week to see if they had any empty cabins I could get a deal on. If so then I go. If not then I don't.

About one and a half years ago I quit my job on a Friday...booked a cruise on Saturday...and left the very next day on Sunday.

Of course, I live in New York and booked the Gem for that boring Orlando/private island/nassau cruise but I did it.

Paid about $500. per person for a window view for the middle of November.

We could probably drive or train to New York if need be. I would like to take my dad on a week cruise but with my 14 night cruise this fall with my husband booked, I can't afford a lot of expense. Plus he doesn't fly. I don't care where we go since he can not do swimming due to laryngectomy. Just want somewhere warm where we can have a memory of one fun vacation together.

Would like to go Boston to Bermuda on the dawn this summer out of Boston to get me through until my November two week cruise. Has anyone ever booked a cruise the day before it leaves to get a good deal? I can't spend a lot but can leave at short notice. Anyone ever do this for the dawn out of Boston and get a good deal?

I have read cruise ships must submit their manifest 72 hours prior to sailing to Homeland Security. This would prevent last minute cruisers.

We could probably drive or train to New York if need be. I would like to take my dad on a week cruise but with my 14 night cruise this fall with my husband booked, I can't afford a lot of expense. Plus he doesn't fly. I don't care where we go since he can not do swimming due to laryngectomy. Just want somewhere warm where we can have a memory of one fun vacation together.

I just want to say that this is a wonderful thing you're trying to do for your dad. God willing I hope you have a wonderful and memorable trip together. :)

Archived