Price drop confusion

arkansasboy

I am still new to all of this and I have been reading about price drops. I booked our first cruise and got the friends and family rate. When I go to fare viewer I notice that rate is cheaper than all of the others. So am I correct in assuming that their will not be a price drop for that category since I am paying what "they" pay? I have also read that early saver is the only way that you can take advantage of a price drop and if that is the case then it wouldnt matter if I got the friends and family, would it?

I am still new to all of this and I have been reading about price drops. I booked our first cruise and got the friends and family rate. When I go to fare viewer I notice that rate is cheaper than all of the others. So am I correct in assuming that their will not be a price drop for that category since I am paying what "they" pay? I have also read that early saver is the only way that you can take advantage of a price drop and if that is the case then it wouldnt matter if I got the friends and family, would it?

If you booked a rate other than Instant or Super Saver, you can get the lower rate as long as you haven't passed final payment (the date your cruise must be paid off). You get the lower rate by calling Carnival, your PVP, or your TA depending on how you booked.

If you booked Early Saver, which you didn't, you can get the lower rate up until 2 days to your cruise date. You can price match to all rates that you qualify for except Instant and Super. To get the lower rate you must submit the Early Saver form. Either you or your TA or your PVP will submit it. If you used a TA he/she has to submit on your behalf.

Do you have a vacation planner with carnival? If so call and ask them. I've gotten both of my credits that way and we've saved, lots of $$$. When I went to the sight, it didn't see the change, and It didn't make since to me, so I went to where you book and looked, sure enough it had dropped, she checked and said we did qualify. Hope this helps you!

In the future if you see a good rate like Friends and Family. Book Early saver and turn right around and price match to friends and family.

Also Early saver has some restrictions. You need to understand these also. It's not for everybody.

Sometime's I wonder how much people overpaid to began with to get all these price drops.

I have never had a price drop since Early saver started.

Archived