New fish bowls

Meekofigaro

Its the signature drink on Norwegian, available at every bar and listed in the bar drink menu. It (used to) has a blackberry and some blue berries swimming in an orangey colored rum based cocktail. I didn't really care for the drink (my personal opinion) but I basically bought it for the glass.

I, too, am in the camp that doesn't really care for the slogan -- somebody really didn't think this one through ;) Oh well, lets hope that the next batch they order will be a bit more 'refined' .... although since they filter the waste water so well one can drink it..... :eek:

dog-drinking-from-toilet_sm.jpg

Just got back on Sunday from the Dawn and they had the new Plastic Fishbowl. Thought you might want to see!!! [ATTACH]268404[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's the unlike button?

Glad I have some of the the nicer, IMO, glass ones. One has Bermuda sea glass in it that is no longer permitted to be collected.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I've got the glass ones. I've taken up a hobby of candlemaking - and when I'm camping in the RV, the bugs are sometimes unbearable. I have taken a couple of the old glass fishbowls, and turned them into citronella candles. Now, I can relax under the awning of my RV, dreaming of my next cruise!

photo-10_zps8fcb0875.jpg

Cool!

Glad I've got the glass ones. I've taken up a hobby of candlemaking - and when I'm camping in the RV, the bugs are sometimes unbearable. I have taken a couple of the old glass fishbowls, and turned them into citronella candles. Now, I can relax under the awning of my RV, dreaming of my next cruise!

photo-10_zps8fcb0875.jpg

Haha the first place I learned about the fishbowl glasses was through a thread on here (oh the things for which I thank CC, and there are many!) and decided to make it one of my missions to get my hands on one because I thought they were so darn cute.

The first day of our Epic cruise this past January, I asked someone about the famed "rebellious fish" and the souvenir glass in which it was served. He had no idea what I was talking about, bless his heart, but he got on his phone and called someone that worked in the beverage area and kept asking him about a "bellious" fish.

I ended up going to...oh my god why can't I think of the name... Pink's? The Champagne bar? I really can't remember the name... and they gave me a rebellious fish but told me that they no longer had the fishbowl glasses (which was kind of the rumour going around at the time if memory serves me correctly).

Well, wouldn't you know it, about halfway into the cruise, the rebellious fish was the featured drink of the day "served in a souvenir glass." I booked it down to the Atrium and discovered that yes! The souvenir glass was indeed the fishbowl glass! Triumph!

So I have one. But as for the whole point of the thread, no I'm not very thrilled with the new ones. =( The design more so than the fact that it's plastic but I do think I prefer glass and I will cherish my one and only forever!

Very disappointed they got rid of the glass bowls. I'm so happy Maricel on the Gem fished one out of storage for me. It's a champagne cocktail that has fruit (maybe depending on the bar they don't have fresh fruit raspberries and blueberries handy?).

P1020363.JPG

Very disappointed they got rid of the glass bowls. I'm so happy Maricel on the Gem fished one out of storage for me. It's a champagne cocktail that has fruit (maybe depending on the bar they don't have fresh fruit raspberries and blueberries handy?).

P1020363.JPG

hahahah at first glance I thought Bendy Ben was inside the glass.

I agree that the saying is just tacky. What DO they mean by that????? What did the old ones say?

"Ah! So this is what they mean by sealegs." and it has the signature Norwegian one rebellious fish swimming against the school of fish.

I don't see how they can call the drink the rebellious fish any longer if the fish aren't on the bowl.

I heard they came in different sayings? I'd be curious what the rest say.

• 4 months later...

New to NCL so didn't see the old ones, but that one looks like c***! My 6 yr. old granddaughter could come up with a better design. And the saying, really???? My first thought is a "toilet" bowl, that's how it sounds to me.....! No, don't think I'll be getting one of those.....:eek: Ha!

I have the older versions. There is a pink one which says "I could drink this faster if I had gills" and a yellow and green version with the question "Can you swim a straight line?". I was lucky enough to get the blue glass version as well. This year, I purchased the plastic glass, but I'm not happy with it. I wish NCL would bring back the glass bowls!

Archived