New fish bowls

Meekofigaro

Those are not even in the same class as the original ones. And plastic, ugh! Not worth paying extra anymore because they are just cheap. I wish NCL would go back to real glasses that customers were willing to pay to collect them. Lost revenue, NCL!

What does the bowl say?

Norwegians drink from the bowl. Pretty crappy saying. I'd never buy one that's for sure. It all just looks so CHEAP! A saying carnival would have and I would hate to have NCL stoop that low.

OP - Thanks for the update and picture as this has been a very hot topic here on CC. I have Bermuda Sea Glass in my glass fish bowl. Even though the new bowls do not seem as nice as the original glass bowls, I would probably get one anyway. Maybe they need to be seen in person to get the real charm of the new version. :D

Norwegians drink from the bowl. Pretty crappy saying. I'd never buy one that's for sure. It all just looks so CHEAP! A saying carnival would have and I would hate to have NCL stoop that low.

My partner is Norwegian... when I tell him the saying the first thing comes to his mind is toilet. Not sure who thought of this but I thought the same. I wanted a glass with the little fish on them but oh well... I might get one just for laughs.

I don't think that the saying itself is Carnival-esque, more the way it's put on there. If it had been like the old glass ones and had the school of fish swimming together one way and one lone fish gong the opposite direction and with the same size and typeface as used before just like the sayings "so this is what they meant by sea legs" and it would be okay, maybe even cute. But to used this typeface like they did, does make it look like more of a tacky thing that I would never want to collect. JMO

I like it! It's in the font they use for everything "Norwegians like it white hot" or all the other slogans.

I was talking to a bartender on Epic who said they're trying to move away from glass by the pool decks. So maybe that's why the move to plastic.

I have a ton of the colored plastic ones and I'll get a few of these too!

I love the glass ones and only have 2 and wanted a few more, but I'll get some plastic ones. I like to use them on my deck in the summer :)

Those are not even in the same class as the original ones. And plastic, ugh! Not worth paying extra anymore because they are just cheap. I wish NCL would go back to real glasses that customers were willing to pay to collect them. Lost revenue, NCL!

Totally agree. I need another plastic cup like I need a hole in the head.

I still miss the old glass hurricane glasses. I don't want plastic anything.

My wife and I really liked the glass bowls with the fish when we went on our first cruise (the Sky to the Bahamas). We mentioned it to "our" bartender (we always watched the sunset from the atrium bar), and apparently we were good tippers, because the night before we disembarked - he gave us a case of 12 to take home with us... :D

Just got back from the Gem yesterday, they had the new plastic fishbowls. It says, "Norwegians drink from the bowl." I don't like the font near as much as the old ones, and they don't have the little fishies on them anymore. :( But I got one anyway. :p They are good for storing all the little stuff that collects on top of the dresser and desk.

Oh, and as for the drink -- the Rebellious Fish -- yes, it is fruity, but they got chincy on the actual fruit in the drink, it was more like a berry-filled sangria before.

Just got back on Sunday from the Dawn and they had the new Plastic Fishbowl. Thought you might want to see!!! [ATTACH]268404[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow that is a marketing FAIL - happy I have 2 of the glass fishy ones

That is a bit disappointing, I was hoping to get another glass bowl to add to my collection. Guess I won't worry about it now.

Funny when I ordered the rebellious fish a few years ago, mine never had any fruit it it then. I didn't care for the drink, I did it more to order the glass.

Very disappointing that they replaced the glass with plastic. Plus, I do not like the new block lettering or the use of the lettering on a large, white background, all of which simply serves to ruin the transparency of the glass.

I was really looking forward to finding one of those old glasses. I will say, from a personal perspective I think I hate the new design more then I hate the move to plastic.

At least it was cute before, and I have to agree - the only reference I can think of for the slogan is a toliet? Why on earth..

I would not get it in plastic. Maybe they should sell them in glass in the gift shop. I know I would get them. But not sure I like the new design.:rolleyes: OK i would buy the old ones in glass in the gift shop!! :D

Hi,

Where were these drinks? We sailed the past two years and never heard of them. They were never listed on the dailies or maybe I just missed them.

I will definitely have to get one - even if it is plastic. I have so many of the brightly covered tall glasses that I definitely don't want another.

Archived