Will Quantum's inaugural sailing be out of Bayonne?

I realize that Quantum's home port will be NJ/NYC but there is something about the language that has me wondering if the inaugural cruise may not be out of NYC. NYC isn't the warmest place in Nov so perhaps to show her off Quantum may sail out of FL? We live a little over an hour from Bayonne and hope the inaugural will be out of there.

With all the hype surrounding this ship and the announcement of Bayonne being the homeport I think it is safe to say the inaugural sailing will be from Bayonne. Part of the ships appeal is that with the way it is built by having indoor features it will not be affected by cold weather sailings. You will be able to use some of the pools in the cold weather since they will be covered and inside.

The first sailing could be a transatlantic from somewhere in Europe to Bayonne. Although that may be the first sailing, it probably won't be the inaugural cruise. The Norwegian Breakaway is doing a transatlantic from the Netherlands but the inaugural will be from New York so I can only imagine that is what they would do for the Quantum

Oasis and Allure's TA from Europe to the states had workers on board doing the finishing of the ship. No guests were on board. This is the usual deal. Once she arrives in Bayonne, the pre-inaug's will start. One night here, one night there, for VIP's and also staff/crew training.

R&D

Archived