Valor, May 26th Sailing Almost Sold Out...When Do I Stop Price Watching

jvitatoe26

Hello! Since I have learned from all of you experienced cruises that I can get OBC (since I am booked Early Saver) if the price drops, I have been dutifully checked 2-3 times per day. I have seen, as I am sure everyone has, the prices change a few times over the course of the day, plus I am slightly obsessed with price stalking carnival.com lol.

I have accumulated $160 OBC since the beginning of the Friends & Family Sale, but it was all in the first week or so of the sale. Since then the prices have fluctuated between the same or slightly higher.

As of right now, there are 53 Interior, 32 Ocean View, 38 Balcony and 3 Suite rooms still available. Yes, I counted lol. They are all over the place deck-wise, forward/aft/midship. I am booked Ocean View.

Is it safe to assume that the price drops are over for this sailing since its nearly full, and I can stop obsessing now?? Haha, Im sure BF will be happy once Carnival.com stops ruling my evenings!

Thanks for the advice!

Hello! Since I have learned from all of you experienced cruises that I can get OBC (since I am booked Early Saver) if the price drops, I have been dutifully checked 2-3 times per day. I have seen, as I am sure everyone has, the prices change a few times over the course of the day, plus I am slightly obsessed with price stalking carnival.com lol.

I have accumulated $160 OBC since the beginning of the Friends & Family Sale, but it was all in the first week or so of the sale. Since then the prices have fluctuated between the same or slightly higher.

As of right now, there are 53 Interior, 32 Ocean View, 38 Balcony and 3 Suite rooms still available. Yes, I counted lol. They are all over the place deck-wise, forward/aft/midship. I am booked Ocean View.

Is it safe to assume that the price drops are over for this sailing since its nearly full, and I can stop obsessing now?? Haha, Im sure BF will be happy once Carnival.com stops ruling my evenings!

Thanks for the advice!

You are eligible for price drops up to two days before sailing.

Also, when checking cabin availability, always remember the most cabins they will show at one time is 10 on any area you choose. In other words, if you look at Upper deck aft, and they are showing 10 cabins open, there can be more open, not just the ten that are showing. This is something people can keep in mind when they are booking. If they book with a person at Carnival, they can check to see if other cabins, than the ones shown are available, if they are wanting a particular cabin.

You are eligible for price drops up to two days before sailing.

Also, when checking cabin availability, always remember the most cabins they will show at one time is 10 on any area you choose. In other words, if you look at Upper deck aft, and they are showing 10 cabins open, there can be more open, not just the ten that are showing. This is something people can keep in mind when they are booking. If they book with a person at Carnival, they can check to see if other cabins, than the ones shown are available, if they are wanting a particular cabin.

I havent experienced this in the last several months. When I initially booked (last year) I had basically the entire ship to choose from. When I kept watching balcony prices (when there were plenty still available last year) there was always many to choose from. A few months ago even, when I would check rooms out, there were always more than 10 available.

Does this change as you get closer to sail date?? When I think about it, the most I counted in any one area last night was about 10.

I havent experienced this in the last several months. When I initially booked (last year) I had basically the entire ship to choose from. When I kept watching balcony prices (when there were plenty still available last year) there was always many to choose from. A few months ago even, when I would check rooms out, there were always more than 10 available.

Does this change as you get closer to sail date?? When I think about it, the most I counted in any one area last night was about 10.

I am not sure if it will change, with all the stuff going on, and negative media posts on even the simple things, it scares some people away from cruising.

Normally, you see cabins filling up before final payment date. But that seems to have changed too. You used to be able to price match against guarantee cabin, as long as you knew you would lose your cabin assignment. They changed that. So many will wait for those last minute deals that will pop up hoping that their ship of choice is not sold out.

As far as checking availability, if you change the number of passengers when you do your check, it will sometimes show different cabins available.

For instance, we have two cabins, one with 2 and one with 3. When checking availability for cabins in our area for 3, it shows 4 available. But when we check availability for 2, it shows 8 available.

Archived