Labadee

cbtengwife

It's a private beach on the north coast of Haiti.....totally dedicated to RCI passengers. You can't leave, and locals cannot enter. It's beautiful. Consider it a "sea day", but on land, as everything you buy (aside from the straw market) will be charged to your shipboard account.

You can come and go from the ship as much as you like. You don't have to get off the ship at all, if you aren't into beaches.

Lunch will be served on the beach, or you can opt to stay on the ship and eat there.

There are activities (for a fee) if you wish to partake, like waverunners, rollercoaster, zip-line, snorkeling, etc... Or, you can grab a lounger and simply "veg out" on the beach! Cabanas are available, for those who wish to spend more money! You can do Labadee without spending a dime, if you choose!

Edited by cb at sea

• 2 years later...

Labedee is a great relaxing beach day. It's been a couple years since we stopped there and going back in May. We got off early and found a good spot on the beach near the buffet area to relax for awhile. Hubby enjoyed the water and I enjoyed my kindle under a shady tree. Buffet wasn't packed when we ate. We wondered to the market and got haggled to death but I did buy a nice painting. I would avoid this area unless you are really looking to buy something. Not worth the hassle. They did have a train service to take you around. We did the coaster which was a blast! Go as fast or slow as you like but its scary fun. Early afternoon we went back on the ship and it was nice and quiet on the ship. Hubby easily got to do the flowrider with a lot less crowd that way. Best time to enjoy the ship is when at port when everyone is off.

Enjoy your day!

• 4 weeks later...

Get off early and find a shady spot- Nellie's Beach or Columbus Cove. I did not like the side with the zip line as it was rocky and hurt everyone's feet (Adrenaline Beach). Stay on the other side in shade and you will enjoy! Nice relaxing day

• 2 weeks later...

Labadee is one of our favorite places too.

We are going to do the zipline as well as jet ski, I know $$$, but it is what it is.

Have done them both in the past and cannot wait to do again.

Enjoy, we do.