Was the Q&A Worth It? And Would You Ever Like Another One?

Would you like another Q&A? If so, when?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like another Q&A? If so, when?

• Anytime soon!
    • In the summer, around July/August.
    • November time again, like last time.
    • Never again! Wasn't worth it.

I was just reading through bits of the Q&A from last November, really to compare the comments about summer 2014 and the actual schedule. And I remembered that about three months ago now I added a poll about if another Q&A at that point would have been a good idea (I think it was when the changes regarding the AI and comments about the so-called 'Platinum' upgrade were coming in), and the opinion was quite split.

Five months on, I was just wondering what everyone's feelings were about the Q&A as a whole, if it was worth it, and if there should be another at some point, and if so when would everyone like it? Last time I think it took about two/three months from us all requesting one to it actually happening, so I just thought it was a good idea to get everyone's opinion. :)

So, what do people think? Was it a waste of time? Would you like another one? If so, when? :)

Yes I would Sailaway. I do think it was worth it even though there are things which we thought were glossed over and for which we got a politian's response (i.e. don't commit to anything!).

But I do believe there were issues which Fraser did pick up on and I think may influence him in the future. I believe for example that he has in mind to adopt some sort of loyalty scheme (but whether we will be impressed with it or not is another matter). Of course even if he is to take on board some of our comments it could take longer than the time which has already elapsed for changes to be made. And we've witnessed first hand how half-thought through policy changes can cause more harm than good to customer relations so perhaps some careful planning and thoroughness, which does take time, is the better approach (if indeed that's happening!). We shall see.

But to come back to your question about 'when' I'm not sure it's something he would want to rush into either - perhaps a year on when we too can get some measure of whether the previous Q&A appears to have had an impact and stimulated change. (Of the kind we had suggested - not changes we don't appreciate!)

But do you think there could be a more streamlined way of doing it so that it would home in on a few really burning issues - say the top ten things CCers vote as the most important to have some dialogue about? I know you have done this kind of summary before and with other issues too and in your Blog. Perhaps Fraser would be more inclined to agree if the format were more concise and therefore efficient in terms of his time - and this is where I think you might hold the key - also geo who's also excellent at producing a precis of quite complex and sometimes rambling threads. I wouldn't mind helping out too if that's any good and I discipline myself to a set number of characters!!!!! :eek: (I know my weakness! :o)

It needn't mean different shades of issues or detail need to get lost - eg our frustration with admin issues could be just that - an umbrella topic with a list of things which are not good from a customer view point. It could be an area for him to address or at least is brought to his attention with a list of all the things which need sorting! And then another 9 top issues (or however many are deemed important i.e. are mentioned by quite a few people.)

I'm not sure - I've been thinking as I type but I think that's my gut reaction - yes we could do with one, perhaps a year on and perhaps in a more concise format concentrating on the bigger issues. What do you think?

Yes I would Sailaway. I do think it was worth it even though there are things which we thought were glossed over and for which we got a politian's response (i.e. don't commit to anything!).

But I do believe there were issues which Fraser did pick up on and I think may influence him in the future. I believe for example that he has in mind to adopt some sort of loyalty scheme (but whether we will be impressed with it or not is another matter). Of course even if he is to take on board some of our comments it could take longer than the time which has already elapsed for changes to be made. And we've witnessed first hand how half-thought through policy changes can cause more harm than good to customer relations so perhaps some careful planning and thoroughness, which does take time, is the better approach (if indeed that's happening!). We shall see.

But to come back to your question about 'when' I'm not sure it's something he would want to rush into either - perhaps a year on when we too can get some measure of whether the previous Q&A appears to have had an impact and stimulated change. (Of the kind we had suggested - not changes we don't appreciate!)

But do you think there could be a more streamlined way of doing it so that it would home in on a few really burning issues - say the top ten things CCers vote as the most important to have some dialogue about? I know you have done this kind of summary before and with other issues too and in your Blog. Perhaps Fraser would be more inclined to agree if the format were more concise and therefore efficient in terms of his time - and this is where I think you might hold the key - also geo who's also excellent at producing a precis of quite complex and sometimes rambling threads. I wouldn't mind helping out too if that's any good and I discipline myself to a set number of characters!!!!! :eek: (I know my weakness! :o)

It needn't mean different shades of issues or detail need to get lost - eg our frustration with admin issues could be just that - an umbrella topic with a list of things which are not good from a customer view point. It could be an area for him to address or at least is brought to his attention with a list of all the things which need sorting! And then another 9 top issues (or however many are deemed important i.e. are mentioned by quite a few people.)

I'm not sure - I've been thinking as I type but I think that's my gut reaction - yes we could do with one, perhaps a year on and perhaps in a more concise format concentrating on the bigger issues. What do you think?

I think that's a really good idea! Have one thread maybe where everyone can add there questions and the type of areas that they want to be answered, then group it all together, and as you say, have an 'umbrella topic' with bullet points of the issues we have in each category, then do an almost interview-style Q&A with Fraser's response for each area.

Would I like to see another Q&A with Fraser? Yes I would but i think it should be a year on

at least from the last time .

It is a two way thing and I'm sure Fraser would want to sit with his staff and look at where

Thomson Cruise was and where its going a year on and maybe where he thinks they should go now ?

I should imagine he does this weekly with his staff anyway and once he is a year on ,then I think he would

like to come back and have chat once again with us .

As Kruzseeka has said maybe keep it down to a poll of lets say twenty questions ,rather than bombard him

with questions and end up with people getting upset " as their question is not answered ."

Should he get through the questions he may even ask us for more questions as he did last time .

We know some questions will never be answered but then I would not expect him to broadcast

to P&O for example how he intends to take the Thomson Cruise forward , some things yes but not all.

So if you are still reading the boards Fraser , get yourself a drink one evening and join us again .

I'm sure we all would like to spend a few hours again in the near future having a good chat with you on here once again :).

I've voted for November time, mainly as July/August is right in the middle of the busiest time for the holiday industry, and many of us might be away, too!

The 10 most popular issues sounds quite interesting. Not sure everyone is interested in the same things, though, and for most people this is their only chance to get an answer to their query "right from the horse's mouth", and that is part of the appeal of a Q and A.

Last time, I was interested in all the questions asked and wanted to know about those issues. however I only asked one Q myself (about Canary Is cruises from Madeira). It was probably not of particular interest to anyone else, but at least I was able to ask it and get a definitive answer (that was a NO!). I was more bothered by the repetition of questions when Fraser had already answered very similar ones- it seemed as if the people asking those qs hadn't read the previous posts. So I would like to see some way of filtering those out.

kate

yep, would like to see another Q&A probably during the quiet time (oct/nov) when most people are back from their cruises and up for a discussion

I do believe we have seen a few changes as a result of the last Q&A (agadir/margarita, the new black sea itinerary, the mojito, sunbed policy etc) and a few unexpected changes too (new duty free policy, free deals on shorex etc)

I have voted anytime soon as i really don’t mind when it is but think it would be a good idea.

I do think though that perhaps it should be done differently this time, i like the idea of grouping questions together but also think that everyone’s questions however trivial should be asked not just the most commonly asked ones.

I think last time did a lot of good but there was also a lot of very fuzzy answer's , lots of skirting around issues in the replies. I understand the reason for this on some questions of course but looking back at some really simple questions they just were not answered very well and I for one felt fobbed off on one issue that could easily have been answered with a bit more research from the team or FE.

I think next time it may be an idea to start a thread well in advance like last time to post questions on but to then have them summarised / grouped etc to help FE as last time a few were repeated and lots were similar, by grouping similar questions into one post will be easier for FE but still give everyone the chance to ask what’s important to them .

This way there could be a closing date for asking questions, a break while "someone" sorts and groups the questions , a window after of a few weeks ( to allow for people being away for a 2 week period) so everyone can see the grouped questions etc after they have been sorted and condensed ready for FE and will give everyone chance to say if happy or not ( check their point has been made etc....) and then this can be viewed by FE after it is completed giving him a decent period of time to get proper answers before responding so he doesn’t have to say he doesn’t know etc or just give the stock answers that he did on a few things last time which left us feeling a bit “what’s the point!”

And then , similar to last time the chance to carry on for a few days talking to him about how he has replied and of course to say thanks !

I have voted November time, as this will get the summer season out of the way when all i would imagine are at their busiest, and yearly seems a good time-scale to review

BUT there is a caveat to that, answer the ruddy questions properly Thomsons! :mad: don't go round the houses! if you are not considering it say so, if it can't be done say so, don't be nice and fluffy, evasive, or spin the questions back to us a bit of honesty would be welcome, delivery of negative news is as important as the positives! No over-hyping! routine redecoration and repair is that not a 'Platinum upgrade' accurately setting your clients/customers expectations is an important part of customer service. I personally would respect that honesty. No Rhetoric please! (rant over now :))

I agree that there was an element of repetition of questions and it would make sense to group them under headings as i am sure that in some cases the duplication was due to not reading the thread and postings in it's entirety.

I do think the idea of a cut off point for submitting questions sensible as this will allow the Thomson team to be able to be able research and respond with more certainty and accuracy rather than a half response.

But to play Devils advocate.......is it just a bit of good old PR for them to dine over..... would the tweaks that have been made so far happened any way from monitoring this and other forums......was anything really revealed that we did not know already:confused::confused:

Anyway it was an interesting experience so thanks Sailaway for all the effort that you have put in to date, lets see how this one goes!

Archived