New NCL Party

AngAndBoys

I'm confused about this. Do y'all interpret this as something sort of formal and dressy? Anyone know anything about it?

From Latitudes Magazine:

OWN THE NIGHT.

This is your invitation to the coolest party on water, Norwegian’s Night Out, presented by Ultimat Vodka. This unique, Freestyle event happens on the first sea day on every Norwegian cruise. So when the sun dips into the blue horizon, dress up and step out for a night of unforgettable fun with everyone on board.

When the waiter hands you your complimentary cocktail, you’ll know you’re in for a great party. The entire crew will be there to deliver an evening of sophistication, excitement and the ultimate guest experience, including a meet-and-greet with the Captain.

We’ll be serving up bar and specialty restaurant promotions all night, as well as signature drinks created just for Norwegian’s Night Out from Ultimat Vodka and Patron XO Café.

Be sure to take advantage of our hair, nails and makeup spa promotions to get you ready for the big night. Because our friendly “paparazzi” will be snapping all night long, it's the perfect time for friends, families and sweethearts to capture the moment forever. Book on board your next cruise or call us for more information at 1.866.234.7350.

I haven't heard of this but it sounds like NCL is stepping up their game again. It sounds pretty neat and yes, it does sound like a "formal" party. I'm wondering if it's anything like they did when we were on the Star a few months ago. They had a huge party (but it was in the atrium) with singing and dancing and they were passing out drinks. It was a lot of fun...but I think it was a pre-White Hot type of party. :)

I'll be on Gem in 2 weeks. Saw this last night in the Latitudes mag- will check it out and report back.

This sounds very interesting. Please report back with more details. Bon Voyage! :)

I'll be on Gem in 2 weeks. Saw this last night in the Latitudes mag- will check it out and report back.

Yes, please let us know and take lots of pictures for us. :D I wanna see what this is all about since I won't be on another NCL until the end of the year. :(

I wanna see what this is all about since I won't be on another NCL until the end of the year. :(

Boo Hoo Kim.....:D Look at my countdown clock! :eek: Only kidding, hoping nursing school is winding down soon and you made it through this tough semester. :cool: -Eileen-

Boo Hoo Kim.....:D Look at my countdown clock! :eek: Only kidding, hoping nursing school is winding down soon and you made it through this tough semester. :cool: -Eileen-

Eileen...your countdown clock is down right SCARY!!! (Just kidding with ya).

This semester is almost over with...it's bad...real bad. :( I don't know if I can continue. I'm having some health issues and I know it's related to school. Sigh.

Hey, do you have fb? I would love to connect with you on there since we're always on here talking. :)

Eileen...your countdown clock is down right SCARY!!! (Just kidding with ya).

This semester is almost over with...it's bad...real bad. :( I don't know if I can continue. I'm having some health issues and I know it's related to school. Sigh.

Hey, do you have fb? I would love to connect with you on there since we're always on here talking. :)

Yes indeed, my countdown clock is scary! So sorry to hear about your health issues conflicting with school. I do not have a fb account yet. :eek: But I need to get one. You know me, I can't even get photos up here on CC. Meanwhile, my email is camz0001 at yahoo. Be well my friend! Good thing you have that Carnival cruise soon. Sounds like you really need a vacation. :)

Yes indeed, my countdown clock is scary! So sorry to hear about your health issues conflicting with school. I do not have a fb account yet. :eek: But I need to get one. You know me, I can't even get photos up here on CC. Meanwhile, my email is camz0001 at yahoo. Be well my friend! Good thing you have that Carnival cruise soon. Sounds like you really need a vacation. :)

Girl it is 2013...get with the times. I'll be your friend...no worries. ;) :p

Last year on our Dawn cruise we stayed in a suite and were invited to a similar sounding event the night of the first sea day. It was held in the Spinnaker lounge and included drinks (rum punch, wines and champagne) along with hor d'oeuvres. Had our pictures taken with the captain and met most of the ship officers.

I wonder if this replaces that party?

Yes, please let us know and take lots of pictures for us. :D I wanna see what this is all about since I won't be on another NCL until the end of the year. :(

I'm sorry about you not getting another NCL cruise for a while. I thought I saw you were trying CCL....

I'm also sorry to read about your health issues. I'm an RN :eek: I went to nursing school at 20 and say all of the time if I had to do this now as a wife and mother there is no way I would survive!!!!

I would love to upload pics as you know I take as many as you do but have no idea how to do it now that I have a Mac. It tells me my pictures are "too large". I even tried Flickr and webshots and got the same reponse :mad: :confused:

I'm sorry about you not getting another NCL cruise for a while. I thought I saw you were trying CCL....

I'm also sorry to read about your health issues. I'm an RN :eek: I went to nursing school at 20 and say all of the time if I had to do this now as a wife and mother there is no way I would survive!!!!

I would love to upload pics as you know I take as many as you do but have no idea how to do it now that I have a Mac. It tells me my pictures are "too large". I even tried Flickr and webshots and got the same reponse :mad: :confused:

Yep, trying Carnvial this time around. If only NCL did Caribbean cruises in the summer still....:(

I kick myself every day for not doing this back when I was 18 and out of high school and working at the hospital. But...things happen. At my age now, I'm beginning to think my "ship has sailed" on this adventure. I guess I'll know within the next 2 weeks.

I don't know anything about a Mac. I have never owned one. But if it's saying your pictures are too large, is that too large for your computer? Maybe you need more space. I had to get an external hard drive in addition to my computer last year because I have so many high resolution pictures on my computer. (Of course it helps that if my computer was to ever crash...as it does several times a year, I won't lose any of my pictures). :)

Try signing up for something that's free like photobucket if you don't want to pay for hosting service. Although you said that you tried flickr. Are you having issues uploading to Flickr or are you talking about loading the pictures on here?

I actually forgot about the bubbly! That was a nice touch.....

Don't forget the bubbly AND the midnight buffet...boy was it grand with all of the creations! :D

Yep, trying Carnvial this time around. If only NCL did Caribbean cruises in the summer still....:(

I kick myself every day for not doing this back when I was 18 and out of high school and working at the hospital. But...things happen. At my age now, I'm beginning to think my "ship has sailed" on this adventure. I guess I'll know within the next 2 weeks.

I don't know anything about a Mac. I have never owned one. But if it's saying your pictures are too large, is that too large for your computer? Maybe you need more space. I had to get an external hard drive in addition to my computer last year because I have so many high resolution pictures on my computer. (Of course it helps that if my computer was to ever crash...as it does several times a year, I won't lose any of my pictures). :)

Try signing up for something that's free like photobucket if you don't want to pay for hosting service. Although you said that you tried flickr. Are you having issues uploading to Flickr or are you talking about loading the pictures on here?

Only loading them on here.... I upload all to iPhoto which is very fast and easy. Then when I try to post on here or FB or email its says the mb of each picture is too large....:confused::confused: who knows??

Only loading them on here.... I upload all to iPhoto which is very fast and easy. Then when I try to post on here or FB or email its says the mb of each picture is too large....:confused::confused: who knows??

Usually on the site you upload the picture to it gives you an option to resize it down to a certain size. Do you see anything like that on there? If you could resize it to an appropriate size then cc would probably accept it. I'm not sure what their upload cut off is on here. I know with my Smugmug I have several options to click on for thumbnail, small, medium, large, extra large and original. I usually use the medium for on here.

Don't forget the bubbly AND the midnight buffet...boy was it grand with all of the creations! :D

OK, I know we're way off topic here, but it's my thread so I guess it's OK. Nurse here too, and agree with Russianmama...went at 20 and had much respect for the ladies I was in school with who already had kids and (gulp) responsibilities! Hang in there if you possibly can. Definitely talk to your profs/adviser if you're having health issues...they can most likely help get you through it without losing your spot in school. Good luck!!!

To all other posters...thank you so much for your replies! I'm going to be on Epic in May, so I may be able to figure this one out for us. Pics, I don't know. I'm pretty technologically incompetent, but I do have a few friends who may be able to help.

Quote "OK, I know we're way off topic here, but it's my thread so I guess it's OK. Nurse here too, and agree with Russianmama...went at 20 and had much respect for the ladies I was in school with who already had kids and (gulp) responsibilities! Hang in there if you possibly can. Definitely talk to your profs/adviser if you're having health issues...they can most likely help get you through it without losing your spot in school. Good luck!!!" End quote

I wonder if you have looked at "allnur~e~ dot com. on the student forums. I got wonderful advice and encouragement there while in school.

OK, I know we're way off topic here, but it's my thread so I guess it's OK. Nurse here too, and agree with Russianmama...went at 20 and had much respect for the ladies I was in school with who already had kids and (gulp) responsibilities! Hang in there if you possibly can. Definitely talk to your profs/adviser if you're having health issues...they can most likely help get you through it without losing your spot in school. Good luck!!!

To all other posters...thank you so much for your replies! I'm going to be on Epic in May, so I may be able to figure this one out for us. Pics, I don't know. I'm pretty technologically incompetent, but I do have a few friends who may be able to help.

Ang...so sorry for getting off topic. :o It happens with me. It's amazing how many nurses are on this forum. Every time I mention it, someone new comes along and says they're a nurse. :)

I've been in school for a little over 3 years now and I'm so burned out. Trust me when I say talking to the adviser and person running the program will do absolutely no good. She is very unsupportive and at the beginning of this semester she actually told me I should drop out of nursing. She said that if I couldn't commit myself fully to nursing, then I would either be one of "those" students that didn't do well, barely passed, either took the NCLEX and barely passed and would make a horrible nurse or took the NCLEX and never pass. Basically they don't want you to have a job or life. I have the job (been at the hospital since 1984 fresh out of H.S) but I definitely don't have the life.

With all of the problems I'm having lately, I might not have the decision to put things on hold. I may be done with the program. They give you a 2 non-passing grades and you are done with the program...for good...never to return. I'm currently in Med Surg and also Pharm...both are killing me and everything completely relies on my final at this point whether I fail or pass. I have always been a 4.0 GPA student and I have never failed a test. Last semester I could have missed 28 questions of the 50 on the final and still passed! This time, I have NO lead-way. It sucks. I'm not dealing with it well. I need a cruise and some time off. :p

Sorry to rant. It sometimes helps when I talk to other "nurses". :)

I wonder if you have looked at "allnur~e~ dot com. on the student forums. I got wonderful advice and encouragement there while in school.

I have seen that site. It comes up a lot when I'm researching things for schoolo and I have read some here and there on the site. I should join but I keep telling myself...who has time? Sigh

The second half of Med Surg, makes every nursing student doubt themselves and if they can continue. I made it though a part time program (took 3.5 years) at the time I had an infant and a toddler, not to mention a very unhelpful husband!

Once you make it over the hump, it's all down hill with the specialties!! In the end you'll have RN after your name..no matter what your GPA is!

Ang...so sorry for getting off topic. :o It happens with me. It's amazing how many nurses are on this forum. Every time I mention it, someone new comes along and says they're a nurse. :)

I've been in school for a little over 3 years now and I'm so burned out. Trust me when I say talking to the adviser and person running the program will do absolutely no good. She is very unsupportive and at the beginning of this semester she actually told me I should drop out of nursing. She said that if I couldn't commit myself fully to nursing, then I would either be one of "those" students that didn't do well, barely passed, either took the NCLEX and barely passed and would make a horrible nurse or took the NCLEX and never pass. Basically they don't want you to have a job or life. I have the job (been at the hospital since 1984 fresh out of H.S) but I definitely don't have the life.

With all of the problems I'm having lately, I might not have the decision to put things on hold. I may be done with the program. They give you a 2 non-passing grades and you are done with the program...for good...never to return. I'm currently in Med Surg and also Pharm...both are killing me and everything completely relies on my final at this point whether I fail or pass. I have always been a 4.0 GPA student and I have never failed a test. Last semester I could have missed 28 questions of the 50 on the final and still passed! This time, I have NO lead-way. It sucks. I'm not dealing with it well. I need a cruise and some time off. :p

Sorry to rant. It sometimes helps when I talk to other "nurses". :)

Don't even worry about what that woman says! I had almost the same kind of experience with my first semester clinical instructor. She decided I was not serious enough about school and I could do absolutely NO right by her. I mean to the point that it was obvious to everyone in the class that she specifically picked on me and looked for wrongdoing. I got 0 tolerance. And I had to work like about twice as hard as anyone else in the class to squeak by. So...skip forward to the following year...I got appointed to the admissions committee...it is a Dean's appointment, only one student is picked per year...very prestigious and Ra-Ra! The instructor from hell was also on the committee. She almost fainted when she walked into the first meeting! Haha...vindication was sweet. She actually ended up apologizing for misjudging me and making my life so freaking miserable that first semester.

My point is...if you know better about yourself, don't let the bastards get you! It's good practice for dealing with docs and irate patients and families anyway. If you're an A student, you can pass pharmacology and med/surg. Make up your mind that you're gonna, and do it.

The second half of Med Surg, makes every nursing student doubt themselves and if they can continue. I made it though a part time program (took 3.5 years) at the time I had an infant and a toddler, not to mention a very unhelpful husband!

Once you make it over the hump, it's all down hill with the specialties!! In the end you'll have RN after your name..no matter what your GPA is!

I hope I'm able to make it over this hump. I'm just not retaining anything and can read a paragraph and by the time I'm done, I forget what I'm reading. My doctor is telling me I have a severe Vit D deficiency and that is causing the neuro problems. I actually passed out after my last pharm test a few weeks ago. :( My palpitations are back, my cholesterol is high. I'm a mess. I have 4 kids, 2 adult children out of the home, 1 senior still at home and a 5 year old. Also 2 4 year old grandchildren. Between all of the kids and grandkids, it's non-stop chaos around here most of the time.

Don't even worry about what that woman says! I had almost the same kind of experience with my first semester clinical instructor. She decided I was not serious enough about school and I could do absolutely NO right by her. I mean to the point that it was obvious to everyone in the class that she specifically picked on me and looked for wrongdoing. I got 0 tolerance. And I had to work like about twice as hard as anyone else in the class to squeak by. So...skip forward to the following year...I got appointed to the admissions committee...it is a Dean's appointment, only one student is picked per year...very prestigious and Ra-Ra! The instructor from hell was also on the committee. She almost fainted when she walked into the first meeting! Haha...vindication was sweet. She actually ended up apologizing for misjudging me and making my life so freaking miserable that first semester.

My point is...if you know better about yourself, don't let the bastards get you! It's good practice for dealing with docs and irate patients and families anyway. If you're an A student, you can pass pharmacology and med/surg. Make up your mind that you're gonna, and do it.

I'm so glad to hear about your story. I'm THAT person that this adviser picks on. She is my clinical teacher...she is the worse ever! But, no matter what she says or does, it's still on me to pass my test and that's what I'm having problems with. I just can't retain this info...even though I have been in the hospital setting since 1984. I am currently an ED tech. I do what nurses do other than starting an IV or passing meds. I should know this stuff. However, it's just not working out. I study every day for a week, I think I know this like the back of my hand, I get to the test, I walk out thinking I did great, I get my score...BAD! There's just something I'm not getting obviously. I just don't know what it is. I know the "test" is not like people are normally use to taking test like. I know that either all answers are correct and you have to pick the best, I know they like to trick you...I just don't know what it is that I'm doing wrong. We are NEVER aloud to see our test...therefore we have no idea what we got wrong and no chance to ever correct it. I just wanna cry at this point. I just want to give up. I just want my life back. I want to spend time with my needy 5 year old that misses her mommy and hugs me when I come home from going to school at 6am then leaving school and going straight to work and then coming home at midnight. :o

Ok, sorry. I have got off topic a little too much on your thread. How about that new NCL party? :D

Archived