Family Oceanview vs. Family Promenade Stateroom on FOS

Do you think we should sacrifice space for location? Our kids will be 4, 4, and 2 1/2? Can you think of a better option?

How many days at sea, and how often to you walk back and forth to your room?

The space is AMAZING, just remember it is a walk.

We sailed Freedom last November, in the family ocean view 9200.

I take bonine too, as I suffer from motion sickness , and the room was fine until

we got the second storm that came up after Sandy. I found it very hard to deal with, and it put a bit of a damper on the last couple days of the cruise.

A previous poster said non issue being far forward. Sure, for their particular cruise on that particular week. Try being far forward in some bad weather as you mention. Not fun!

People don't get it.

We stayed in 7307 Family Promenade room in 2013. My sister in law and her family had the ocean view 7500 room. Having seen both of them, I much preferred the promenade room layout. It had a huge walk-in closet that I used as a dressing room for privacy. The other big benefit is the bathroom; it had a full tub and was beautifully appointed. Another perk was being able to be in the cabin with the kids earlier in the evening and still being able to see what was happening in the Promenade (parades, parties, etc). It also seemed closer to the stairs and elevators.

I thought I would miss the natural daylight (we always have a balcony room), but it really wasn't an issue. I'd definitely stay in that room again!

Thanks everyone for your valuable input. With some reservation, we changed our room from the family oceanview (8200) to the family promenade view-- based on the mid ship location, possible movement/seasickness and the bathtub. This will be my husband's first cruise and it's got to be as hiccup-free as possible (Haha! With 3 kids under 5) if I ever want to cruise again! (Gosh, I really did love the pictures of 8200 stateroom)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked in 8500 on FOS for a Feb cruise. People keep saying 8200 is better, but from what I have seen, 8500 has real doors on the Master BR (a huge plus in my book), plus the kid's bunk bed room doesn't have all of the wasted space that 8200 has plus has a window (room has 4 vs 3 or 2 in other FO rooms). We have 6 people booked in this room and first and second were under $1000 and 3-6th were $399 so it was really a good deal.

We are booked in 8500 on FOS for a Feb cruise. People keep saying 8200 is better, but from what I have seen, 8500 has real doors on the Master BR (a huge plus in my book), plus the kid's bunk bed room doesn't have all of the wasted space that 8200 has plus has a window (room has 4 vs 3 or 2 in other FO rooms). We have 6 people booked in this room and first and second were under $1000 and 3-6th were $399 so it was really a good deal.

If having a door is a must for you then 8500 is the way to go, you will have less space than the 8200. Approx 3-4 feet across the width of the cabin. 8500 is laid out that the master is next to 8200, then the bathroom, living room area with pull out bed and then the bunk room is to the left of the entrance door. Just something to know, as the pullout will fill most of the room so the bathroom might be hard to get to in the middle of night from the bunk room if needed. 8500 also has the 4 windows, but remember you can't use them from dusk onward.