Freedom from the Mouse! Our first non-Disney cruise, and we LOVED it!

OK -- the above sounds more accurate. I live for THE DEAL and except for maybe a Tuesday Promowave I've never seen anything quite that low for a Freedom total fare (w/taxes and port charges factored in.) But I'll keep lookin'. :)

PS - Enjoying this review!

Sadly, unless we leave the rug rat at home, we can't do these times of the year. But alas, one day she will fly the nest...... Wait, then I'll be old. Not. Thinking. About. It.

There are a dozen Freedom cruises RIGHT NOW that are less than $90 a night. The cheapest currently is $82 on Sept. 29th.:p

ETA:

interesting fun fact... if you can leave on Monday from Marseille, France, there is a 7-night on Legend that is currently $36/night.

And since you've been on 2847 cruises I believe you!!!!!

Sadly, unless we leave the rug rat at home, we can't do these times of the year. But alas, one day she will fly the nest...... Wait, then I'll be old. Not. Thinking. About. It. . . .

Funny how age becomes relative the older I get. Don't worry about it. I love my kids, but there is a lot to be said for empty nests.

Edited by mjldvlks

More! we want more! we really, really like it we want more! :p really enjoying this review, makes me want to do the dreamworks cruise.. i maybe 23, but hey i can still be a kid at heart sometime!

We spent most of the morning chilling, and let me just say we were CHILLING. The wind was unbearable. No way could you head up on deck without struggling. It was THAT windy.

She's not kidding.

I'm a runner, I run 20-25 miles a week at 5000 feet elevation, I start off going up a big long hill. I run 12 months a year, in all weather. Even when it's snowing hard.

I tried to run on that Monday on deck and it was too windy.

I never would have thought I could be defeated like that but I was. First time in 10 years that I quit a run.

It was so windy it was much harder than running up a hill at elevation.

Wow!!!

I think that's it's a combo of windy weather, and the itinerary. To get to Labadee in 1 day the ship has to really go fast.

It was only ever that windy again on the last day when we had to go fast again, although it wasn't as bad as that first day.

More! we want more! we really, really like it we want more! :p really enjoying this review, makes me want to do the dreamworks cruise.. i maybe 23, but hey i can still be a kid at heart sometime!

You've been watching too much tv! (that commercial was on while I was reading this!)

More please, we get on Freedom in five days and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. :-). I feel like I need to read everything to make sure I don't forget anything and in trying to be prepared. Last night, I dreamed I forgot passports. :eek:

I am enjoying the HECK out of this report. Love your sense of humor...it's a must for trip reports IMHO.

We've cruised on Freedom's sister ship, Liberty, and we're having a girls birthday bash next April on Liberty again. Keep it coming - A+++ for effort! :)

Thank you so much! Our cruise isn't booked yet but we've decided on September 7th's 7 nighter Eastern Caribbean on Freedom...in 2014. If we're lucky, some of friends of ours will be joining us too. This would be our second cruise and I'm such a planner that I had to start now to figure it all out.

Just found your review. I started reading and thought, 'hmm this writing style is familiar'. Saw the pic of your daughter and thought 'hmm she looks familiar'. Checked your user name and thought 'hmm that name is familiar'. Then it hit me, the McSparklesons!

I love the reviews you've done over on the DIS boards and this one is awesome per usual. I'm going on Freedom in August so I'm studying the reviews very carefully... :D

• 2 weeks later...