Milk Shakes?

Wirral

At long last I have persuaded DH to accompany me on a cruise. Infinity, Norweign Fjords in June. I have been on many cruises and about 5 on Celebrity so thought I knew most of the main points. However he asked me yesterday if they do milkshakes on board. Being a milk hater I have never given it a thought for myself but I can't recall seeing milkshakes aboard.

Is any one of you helpful people able to give us a definitive answer?

Many thanks.

Go to the buffet. Get a bowl of ice cream with your favourite topping. Then go to the drinks dispenser in the buffet and get a glass of milk. Pour one into another et voila a milkshake.

WARNING: This was only a thought. I don't know if it would work.......:D

Cafe El Bacio make a wonderful chocolate/mocha milk and ice cream concoction called the Iglu (I think you might be able to get caramel as well). MMMMMM it was lovely..and as I was on a premium non alcoholic package get a couple a day.

img0672b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And no, my friend in the pic is scratching his nose.... :p

Go to the buffet. Get a bowl of ice cream with your favourite topping. Then go to the drinks dispenser in the buffet and get a glass of milk. Pour one into another et voila a milkshake.

WARNING: This was only a thought. I don't know if it would work.......:D

Cafe El Bacio make a wonderful chocolate/mocha milk and ice cream concoction called the Iglu (I think you might be able to get caramel as well). MMMMMM it was lovely..and as I was on a premium non alcoholic package get a couple a day.

img0672b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And no, my friend in the pic is scratching his nose.... :p

Those Iglus look great! Are you sure they are made with ice cream? The menu I have describes them: Espresso, ice, milk, and the Iglu powder mixture (your choice of café, chocolate or vanilla)

Those Iglus look great! Are you sure they are made with ice cream? The menu I have describes them: Espresso, ice, milk, and the Iglu powder mixture (your choice of café, chocolate or vanilla)

Maybe I wrong...I thought there was a scoop of ice cream in it...maybe it was the crushed ice. I'm positive tho a couple of times I needed a spoon to eat out the bottom of the glass and I wouldn't have done that with ice...unless they blended the milk and cream In a mixer before hand and it was like a slush.

You have me puzzled now.

Many thanks to all you helpful people. Those Iglus sure look good and yes we are both on the premium NA package so we can give them a try. DH drinks quite a bit of milk so he will have to go up to buffet area for cold milk. Thanks again for all your prompt replies. This site is brilliant.

For milk shakes, you'll have to go to Royal Caribbean. They have a Johnny Rockets on their ships with spectacularly good milkshakes - and of course, you get sung to as well!

I have to second that! Yum, yum, yummmmmm, I had the malted chocolate and it was to die for!

The Iglus have an ice cream "mix" in them, it's not real ice cream. However, they are absolutely delicious. I don't drink coffee so I just have them make it with an extra scoop or two of Iglu powder instead.

Also, if you have the Premium Alcohol package, try the chocolate version with a splash of Baileys :)

Archived