Upsell fairy called!

Hockey Addict

Yep, the upsell fairy called..... But she was such a tease. She wasn't the upsell fairy, she was her evil sister!

We are booked in a balcony and she offered a grand suit on the Ecstasy for $600 more..... Nahhhh.... Not this time! But thanks for calling! :D

What do you think?

Same thing happened to me on the Ecstasy this past Nov. except I decided to do it. It was only $100 more per person. Not too bad, but to make you feel better it wasn't all that grand. Just somewhat bigger with a walk in closet and a jetted tub that none of us even used. I wouldn't do it again. You made the right decision. Use the money for another cruise!! You will enjoy the Ecstasy, we had a great time.

We got the same call a few weeks back!

We are booked in an aft balcony on the Ecstasy for the May 2nd sailing and they offered a GS for $300 - no way am I giving up my aft balcony.

That $300 will be a deposit on a future cruise.

Counting down.

Might do it once for experience of GS but generally speaking would say no thanks

I thought it would be cool. We had a suite on verandah on the Fascination. But that is just too much!

We got the same call a few weeks back!

We are booked in an aft balcony on the Ecstasy for the May 2nd sailing and they offered a GS for $300 - no way am I giving up my aft balcony.

That $300 will be a deposit on a future cruise.

Counting down.

We love our aft balcony! It's our favorite. We decided to try a regular balcony this time to see what it's like.

I agree with you guys. Too much money and that's a lot of DOD's that we can get onboard!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Same thing happened to me on the Ecstasy this past Nov. except I decided to do it. It was only $100 more per person. Not too bad, but to make you feel better it wasn't all that grand. Just somewhat bigger with a walk in closet and a jetted tub that none of us even used. I wouldn't do it again. You made the right decision. Use the money for another cruise!! You will enjoy the Ecstasy, we had a great time.

I honestly don't think we would use the tub either. I read in a review that with the step up into the tub you lose head space in the shower. We're tall... 6' and 5'11". That could be a bummer!

$100 more and we would have done it.... That's pretty good!

• 4 months later...

Damn, just go the call from the upsell Fairy and I should've done what was recommended in a previous post; TAKE THE 10 MINUTES AND RESEARCH BEFORE ACCEPTING.

Turns out that the upsell was exactly what they are charging for any Jo Shmo' to book the balcony they upgraded us to. I'm so upset with myself, since I've been watching the fares everyday and seeing if I would be cashing in on my Early Saver with perhaps some OBC....so much for that. I'm kicking my self. Never again will I agree until I check the prices.... :mad:

Archived