We booked! Jewel...

skittl1321

Just got off the phone with the cruise consultant and we booked Jewel!

We sprung for an extra $10pp to go with a mid-ship cabin, but we are down low Deck 5 Oceanview.

I've always liked low decks in the past, the pain of climbing stairs on sea days is more than made up for the pain of waiting for an elevator when we come back exhausted from port :)

So- any 'tips' I need to know about the Jewel or NCL? It seems like the room is teeny compared to the oceanviews we are used to on Carnival, so any good quiet places to hang out outside the cabin? I know I've heard the Spinnaker lounge is great...

I think we plan to do one specialty dining- probably Moderno.

Any can't misses on the ship?

If you like quiet time the spinnaker is a perfect spot.. Hubby & I did a 3 week Panama Canal and many times we went up to the Spinnaker to read and nap.. try to go early cause you get the best seats... Now with the Moderno I highly recommend this place.. we did for the first time in March on the Sun and it was fantastic... one lesson learn don't fill up with the salad bar... We liked the chicken and pineapple the best.. the steak was a little rare for me.. but it is worth the money.. we just booked another cruise this coming June and will be doing the Moderno again... Now with the rooms my sister in law does Carnival and her family came with us on the Panama cruise and she said the rooms were smaller but the bathrooms were bigger with ncl..

Just got off the phone with the cruise consultant and we booked Jewel!

We sprung for an extra $10pp to go with a mid-ship cabin, but we are down low Deck 5 Oceanview.

I've always liked low decks in the past, the pain of climbing stairs on sea days is more than made up for the pain of waiting for an elevator when we come back exhausted from port :)

So- any 'tips' I need to know about the Jewel or NCL? It seems like the room is teeny compared to the oceanviews we are used to on Carnival, so any good quiet places to hang out outside the cabin? I know I've heard the Spinnaker lounge is great...

I think we plan to do one specialty dining- probably Moderno.

Any can't misses on the ship?

Don't miss the pretzel rolls in the buffet! I'm not kidding! While the cabins are smaller than Carnival's, they are still layed out well and I like the NCL showers much better than Carnival's. Also, do join your roll call and go to the meet & greet if someone is coordinating with NCL. Usually a fun get together where the officers show up and talk about the ship and their jobs. Sometimes they take questions. We also like mid-ship cabins, and I try to look at stairs as a way to keep off some weight. Speaking of weight, you might want to check out the made-to-order crepes in the buffet at night.

Archived