B2B Allure Of The Seas Pictorial Review - 31st March 2013 & 7th April 2013

Below are a couple of pictures i took from downtown looking out to sea.

honeymoon2133_zps11faec97.jpg

honeymoon2134_zps9f17de7a.jpg

With our shopping done we hopped in a shared taxi back to the Allure. This cost $4 per person and we back at the shops by the Allure a few minutes later. On arrival I popped into 'Jewels' to check the prices of the Tags there. They were the same as they were part of the 'Little Switzerland' group.

These guys were sunbathing on the rocks there.

honeymoon2135_zpsea6156a7.jpg

honeymoon2136_zpsfb8d2621.jpg

We went back to our room to relax on the balcony... Obviously we went via Park Cafe to get a couple of beef rolls and crisps to eat while we were there.

We were sitting on the baclony at about 16:30 when I noticed Sally looking quizzically at her watch strap. I had noticed this a couple of times earlier but hadn't said anything. After a little probing she said there was something wrong with the clasp. She showed me that when it was fastened it looked a bit.... wonky.

I made a snap decision to take it to the shop outside the ship as I had noticed a Little Switzerland there. All aboard was at 17:30 so I knew we didn't have much time. Chloe decided she wanted to relax in front of the TV so off we went back ashore. As we were getting off the staff said, "You know you have to be back in 45 minutes?"

The Little Switzerland by the port doesn't sell watches but I went in and showed them. They took us round to 'Jewels' for someone to have a look at it. After a few seconds the guy in the shop told us that Sally wasn't doing it up properly. He did knock a pin in on the strap that hadn't been done properly when they removed some links down the road earlier so it wasn't a complete waste of time :p

Back we went to the balcony with at least 15 minutes to spare and all was good. We had all caught a lot of sun today so we spent the next little period of time wallowing in Aftersun on our balcony before getting showered and ready for dinner.

I love the Tag. I have one similar to that. Very nice birthday present.

Enjoying the review very much.:)

Sally was really pleased with it. I like Tags. I have had mine for over 10 years and it has never let me down.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I thought every one had left me haha

It really was good fun and it couldn't have been any easier. As i say, Chloe is 11 and steered the boat for the whole excursion while I controlled the speed.

Cool will look into that when I cruise the caribbean again.

Cool will look into that when I cruise the caribbean again.

I would highly recommend it for a fun (and not particularly expensive) day out. The snorkelling is just OK but definitely a worthwhile excursion that I struggled to find any reviews on before I went.

snorkeling would be second to driving the boat around. Thant would be fun to me.

Haha. That was why we chose it too! They are not particularly fast but enough to be good fun... especially when the sea's a bit choppy!

Sally was really pleased with it. I like Tags. I have had mine for over 10 years and it has never let me down.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I thought every one had left me haha

I just remembered that I bought my Tag Links watch at Little Switzerland in St Kitts about 5 years ago. I love it.:)

Both Sally and I have very generous husbands. :)

On the way down to dinner this evening we stopped for a drink on the Boardwalk. I think I took this picture purely to show where Dazzles is. You can see the lights on inside just above the carousel.

DSC00916_zps6c718dba.jpg

This is the Boardwalk Bar by the Aquatheatre

DSC00918_zps1bfce4e1.jpg

On the way the MDR I took this picture along the Promenade. You can see the fountains that are below the Rising Tide bar.

DSC00918_zps1bfce4e1.jpg

At 19:45 we went to dinner in the MDR. Tonight is the Shiitake menu..... I have no idea how you pronounce that but it wasn't as bad as my way makes it sound!!

Tonight I realised what it was with our Head Waitress that I couldn't put my finger on the other night. She didn't actually look you in the eye when she was speaking to you. Although she was very smiley, polite and friendly it was this that would be my overriding memory of her. A shame really.

For starter Sally had the Spinach dip with Tortilla chips. Chloe had the Caesar salad with no parmesan for a change. I didn't really fancy any of the starters so decided it would do me no harm to miss the starter for once!

DSC00900_zps35cb45ae.jpg

DSC00901_zpse9d989b6.jpg

Sally and I both went for the rack of lamb cooked medium rare. They were cooked just right and were pleasant. Chloe had the Salmon off of the classics menu again.

DSC00904_zps76f5545f.jpg

For dessert Sally went for the two tone chocolate finger. I tried a little of this. It was very light and really nice. I had the warm chocolate pudding off of the classics menu. It was OK but certainly nothing very impressive. Chloe had strawberry and kiwi Pavlova which she loved. In fact she had two of them!

DSC00911_zpsb6a4a157.jpg

DSC00912_zps0b14e869.jpg

DSC00913_zpsfbb11c81.jpg

At dinner this evening we got chatting to our Asst Waitress. I don't know how we got on to the subject but we got talking about staff meeting guests and having relationships with them. She told us that any staff found to be in a passenger's cabin are instantly dismissed!

The only way this is waived is if RCI have been informed of the staff member's name prior to embarking on the ship. This way RCI can give consideration to allowing the staff member to go to that passenger's cabin. I thought that was really strict!

I was also interested to hear that many staff prefer to work on the Freedom Class ships to those in the Oasis class. The main reason for this appears to be that they have a staff area which is outside where they can smpoke on the Freedom ships whereas on the Allure and Oasis they are a little more couped up.

At 21:45 we made our way to Studio B for the Battle Of The Sexes Game Show. We sat down and ordered a drink. As I have said before I don't take any photos of the shows.

After a while they split all the females to the seats on one side of the ice rink and males to the other side. That was wonderful because obviously i was left sitting on my own :rolleyes: What I didn't realise was that the third side is where you sit if you want to sit together :o

The game show then began and basically for each round they ask for a number of people from each side (males v females as the name suggests). It was fairly entertaining with different games involving bursting balloons etc. The only trouble with this is that, as can be the case with these things, it just became a procession of the same half drunk people playing game after game. So for that reason it wasn't really my kind of entertainment. I wouldn't rush back to see it again.

Afterwards we had a drink on our way up to the cabin for another dose of Aftersun before bed!!

DSC00920_zpsc10e17cd.jpg

There were 4 cruise ships in sight tonight which was the most I had seen so far by far. Unfortunately my cameras were charging.

Next up..... St Martin. I may get started on this tomorrow but am away tomorrow night with work.

Archived