Grubby Armonia

reilly1

My husband and I (14 previous cruises) have just returned from our first MSC cruise on Armonia. We had an oceanview cabin on deck 8 and the cabin was really dirty. There were long black hairs in the bedding (old blankets), mould in the shower, stains on the toilet seat and thick black gunge on the bottom of the bathroom door. Nobody was interested when I complained. A written complaint on return received the offer of 5% of a future cruise, not to be taken duruing peak holidays. I was really disappointed with the cleanliness of the cabin, although the public rooms were fine. It was the worst cabin we have ever sailed in. It would put me off MSC in the future.

reilly 1 ... Just a thought but did you speak to your cabin steward about the issues you mention here rather than say customer service ? not sure why there would be gunge on the bottom of the bathroom door that sounds somewhat odd.

Yes, did say to cabin steward and they said that the ship was an older one, but did not really do anything. Age does not excuse the dirt! I took photos and emailed them to MSC HQ and am awaiting their further response.

I hope for a positive response too, but am not complaining just to get compensation. I just want them to acknowledge that the cabin was not up to standard and sort it out. By the way, it was cabin 8187, which, in its present state, should be avoided. I will simply not sail MSC again.

Reilly, I've never sailed on the Armonia but on all the other ships of the MSC fleet I've always been impressed with the sparkling cleanliness thoughout, including the cabin. Pratically all the reviews and comments by other CC members substantiate this. Consequently I wouldn't judge the entire fleet for what you unfortunately found in cabin 8187. I hope they give you an adequate response.

reilly ... I agree with capri cruiser that it is wrong to base the whole fleet of ships on one cabin alone, try one of the other ships and then make a decision after all you do not cut down the whole Orchard because of one bad Apple!

I hear what you are saying, but it has really put me off MSC. We have cruised with Celebrity (favourite), RCI, Princess, P&O, Costa and Fred Olsen and have never come across such a dirty cabin. The Fred Olsen ship was a really old vessel, but the cleanliness was first class. Anyway, I'm sure they will not miss my business too much! I will report on their response as they have now acknowledged receipt of the 4 photos I sent them clearly showing the dirt, mould etc.

I had a similar problem on Lirica this year, black mold and cracked tiles in shower, steward had not cleaned the corners for a long time, it was not good. He wasn't too bothered initially but after I took photos and went to reception to show them- by the time I got back from reception the steward was on his knees scrubbing my shower. Tiling was fixed, regrouted and was OK from then on.

MSC, while known for some bad things, is definitely known for its supposedly spotless ships (when I was on Lirica it sparkled). So I'm surprised you had that problem. That is really a shame. Can you post your pics on here? Sorry you had that problem.....:(

I had a similar problem on Lirica this year, black mold and cracked tiles in shower, steward had not cleaned the corners for a long time, it was not good. He wasn't too bothered initially but after I took photos and went to reception to show them- by the time I got back from reception the steward was on his knees scrubbing my shower. Tiling was fixed, regrouted and was OK from then on.

Exactly the same! Still awaiting their response after I sent the photos. I would post them here but don't know how!

We were on the Armonia a few weeks ago and although our cabin was a little worn, it was spotless.

Glad to hear that. I'll be sailing her next year and have always found all their shipsmtonbe spotlessly clean. I was hoping the cabin Reilly had was an isolated instance (but still not acceptable)

The person I am dealing with is Kylie Hales, who has acknowledged receipt of the 4 photographs and has told me that the "alleged incidents" are being investigated, so I await a response.

I sailed Armonia and found it to be nothing but spotless... Everywhere!

I would have done the same and spoke to the cabin steward. Failing that, and if the Gunge! was giving you so much grief, maybe a quick wipe with a cloth would have solved your problem?

We loved the Armonia and its amazing staff so much, we have decided that MSC will be our line of choice for future cruises. We sailed Princess a couple of Christmas's ago and MSC knocked the socks off them and their continuous cold food!

I would have done the same and spoke to the cabin steward. Failing that, and if the Gunge! was giving you so much grief, maybe a quick wipe with a cloth would have solved your problem?

And while you're at it, make the bed and dust the furniture...

I would have loved to have been able to remove the dirt on the door with just a wipe and I would have done so had it been that easy!. I cannot explain here just how bad it was - only a deep clean with bleach and a scrubbing brush would have removed it! It was thick, thick dirt.

I suppose everyone's cruise experience on each ship is different, and I am glad that this seems to be an isolated incident, however, it is still unacceptable.

Still no response by the way...........!

I see from another thread titled "Spotless Armonia" that some people are annoyed about my posts. I can only say again, that I am reporting things exactly as they were and cabin 8187 was not clean at all. I did say in my original post that the public areas were fine.

Archived