Grubby Armonia

reilly1

I see from another thread titled "Spotless Armonia" that some people are annoyed about my posts. I can only say again, that I am reporting things exactly as they were and cabin 8187 was not clean at all. I did say in my original post that the public areas were fine.

If you stick around long enough you will find that some people are annoyed by any insinuation that the cruise line they prefer is in any way inferior to other lines. Of course, there are the sensible ones among this genre who limit their indignation to negative comparisons with lines of relatively equal cost, but there are some who seem to believe that their line, in many cases, MSC, is superior to all others regardless of price. The latter are the ones to avoid.

Hi Reilly

I don't think that people are annoyed.

It's that the title of this thread is "Grubby Armonia" as opposed to "Grubby Cabin on the Armonia"

As you say the public areas are clean and I don't know if you were in any other MSC cabins to see if this was the norm or something that was unfortunately confined to your experience. So the title may (unintentionally I'm sure) be a slight misnomer in suggesting that the whole ship is grubby. Which you agree isn't the case.

You are, of course, perfectly entitled to allow your experience to determine what you try/purchase/experience in the future. And it's not great that there has not been a response to your complaint as yet. Did you email direct as suggested?

If you stick around long enough you will find that some people are annoyed by any insinuation that the cruise line they prefer is in any way inferior to other lines. Of course, there are the sensible ones among this genre who limit their indignation to negative comparisons with lines of relatively equal cost, but there are some who seem to believe that their line, in many cases, MSC, is superior to all others regardless of price. The latter are the ones to avoid.

Oh my PM you are letting us down - no reference to the CC Poll?

Still no response by the way...........!

Don't worry I am still waiting for a response from HAL regarding my complaints last September.....

Algae in swimming pools (the water even had an interesting shade of green) for several days even after I complained - perhaps there was a botanist on board conducting research :rolleyes: ;

Abandonment in the dinning room - it was common to sit 40 minutes with a dirty plate in front of me while every waiter and officer walking past without even acknowledging my existence or that of the dirty plate (with cutlery correctly positioned) I decided that enough was enough after the third night in a row and walked out - the rest of the cruise (16 nights remained at this stage) I ate in the for fee restaurants (total additional cost to cruise $400.00) :mad: ;

Persistent stench of sewage in the corridor and bathroom :confused: ;

Perhaps apples can be compared to strawberries :confused:

Yes, I have emailed numerous times and keep getting the reply that the photographs have been received and are being investigated.

I take your point about the title "Grubby Armonia" and perhaps I should have thought of a better one, but I was so disgusted at the time of posting that I did not consider this. I was not in any other cabins, nor did I find any of the public areas dirty, just cabin 8187, which was GRUBBY!

reilly1 .... was it just the Bathroom door that was the issue or the whole cabin ? personally i would have had the cabin steward come take a look while i was there and requested that he/she clean it, failure to carry out that reasonable request would have taken me to the Hotel Manager after i had taken photographs.

As i have said before that one thing would not have ruined my cruise nor would it stop me cruising with MSC, as you say the Thread title is somewhat misleading to others.

For anyone who is interested, I have managed (with a lot of help from my pupils!) to post 3 of my photos on the "Spotless Armonia" thread. I posted them there as, on that thread, I felt verbally attacked by a particular CC member who called me a "whinger" and stated that my negative comments should be "supported by a lifetime of constructive criticism" and demanded that I should take a "chance of redemption" Why? If anyone wants to be bothered to trawl through all my posts, you will see very quickly that I am passionate about cruising and take every opportunity on CC to give helpful advice to others. I was under the understanding that I could also air my valid grievances here without being attacked. I was not expressing an emotion, opinion or feeling - I was stating the facts, as can be seen from my photos. By the way, after viewing the photos, the same CC member who had attacked me said he would have "asked to be moved to another cabin before unpacking". Enough said. I will not be posting in the MSC forum again regarding this matter and the final thing I will say is that I have still not had a response from MSC, so maybe their customer services are not up to scratch either.

I will skip back to the Celebrity, RCI and Fred Olsen forums as I have 3 cruises booked with them which I can't wait for!

reilly1 .... People are entitled to their views on situations and posts but it does not mean you or I or they have to agree on them and there have been many times i have failed to agree with people here on CC as can be proved by advice from the Mods ... :)

The cabin as you say was not in the best condition and should have been much better, i hope you continue to post here so that we can hear what the end result is from MSC.

While it feels like some time is being taken to receive a response stick with it because as i found out in our case the result was worth the wait ... :)

I see from another thread titled "Spotless Armonia" that some people are annoyed about my posts. I can only say again, that I am reporting things exactly as they were and cabin 8187 was not clean at all. I did say in my original post that the public areas were fine.

8187 of MSC Armonia. Noted. So much different from my experience on MSC Splendida. It's like comparing a 5-star++ hotel to a motel.

From the pictures posted, it's really not up to the standard. May be I would half expect it on an old ferry, but not a cruise ship (even its oldest) from one of the biggest cruise lines.

Personally, if the itinerary, price and other aspects of the cruise are right, I will just skip that particular cabin or ship, but not the entire line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i had a bahamas deck cabin on melody in 2011 i noticed some peanuts under bed when i boarded and bet my partner they would never get vaccuumed for the next 11 days i was right apart from that minor thing ship was spotless its gone now

Archived