My Packing List...What Am I Forgetting??

jvitatoe26

Wow... you managed to insult the OP and Carnival with just a few sentences.

Lol thanks for coming to my defense :) I didnt take it personally tho, its just who I am is all. The other poster should see my vacation itinerary document, budget worksheet, outfit planning table.... etc. Overkill for most??? Absolutely. But I have to have my spreadsheets lol.

We were JUST talking about needing something that we could charge our devices with as well on our trip coming up in 38 days! We're going to be in transit quite a bit before (and after) our cruise and we're taking our ipads and a wireless storage device for movies for the kids. This was a GREAT idea for us, as it's small and suits all our needs both on and off the ship! Great tip!:D

It was cheap too! I got mine on amazon.com for about $13

I did not see a wine opener....that is if you are planning picking up your allotted bottles before you get to the port. Also I would throw in a little tube superglue just in case you break a nail or a heel on your shoe :)

Oooh super glue is a GREAT tip. Esp if one of my flip flops break in port. I've had that happen soo many times.

Also I am planning on picking up two bottles. Are bottle openers not available via room service or the bar??? Or is that where the corkage fee comes in??

Lol thanks for coming to my defense :) I didnt take it personally tho, its just who I am is all. The other poster should see my vacation itinerary document, budget worksheet, outfit planning table.... etc. Overkill for most??? Absolutely. But I have to have my spreadsheets lol.

I'm the same way. I, too, make lists, spreadsheets, a binder with documents and itineraries, a big Rubbermaid container with all my "cruise stuff" and a seperate area in the closet for cruise outfits. DH thought I was insane with all my planning, but he was singing a different tune whenever he needed anything on our cruise and I had it. I don't expect to hear any complaints about my obsessive planning this time. :p

ETA: You can ask your room steward for a cork screw or to open the bottle for you, but they may not be able to get to it right away. It would depend on if they have one available at the time and how busy they are. Corkage fees are sometimes applied when you bring the bottle with you to the MDR and have it opened there.

To the OP - We will be taking our 14th cruise shortly. I thought we had a master of a list for cruising and never felt we needed anything.

Seeing one of your items, the Belkin mini outlet is absolutely genius! I have one in the kitchen at our desk for charging and never in a million years did I think about taking it. I never wanted to take a power strip because it was too bulky.

I have just added it to the list and NOW I can finally say my list is a mater!

Thank you so much for the idea, you have no clue how this is going to make our lives easier.

I do have one question for you. How in the world are you going to get all that stuff to the ship? Do you have a moving van to take it? :)

Great list! Thanks again. Enjoy your cruise! Freedom for us in a few weeks.

Hello! I will be leaving in FOUR WEEKS!!!! for Puerto Rico for a few days then on the Carnival Valor for a week! YAY!!!!!!

I have a packing list, and I was wondering if the experienced cruisers can see anything I may be missing!

I know there is A LOT on this list, but I have a ton of allergies and tummy issues and get skin rashes easily etc etc lol, so I always travel with a small amount of everything in my medicine cabinet. I will only take abt a quart sized baggie for all the misc meds, with a few expceptions. Most toiletries will be travel sized, or I will take two travel sized.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!! :)

DOCUMENTS

Auto Insurance Cards

Birth Certificates

Birthday Card for Kris

Cash

Copy of All Items Listed Here

Credit Cards

Cruise Boarding Docs

Cruise Luggage Tags

Drivers Licenses

Debit Cards

Emergency Contact #s

Health Insurance Cards

Hotel Reservation Recpt

Jenn's Passport

Plane Tickets

Rental Car Reservation

PLANE

Books, Magazines

Ear Plugs

Headphones

Jenn's Glasses

Kind Bars & GF Snacks

Kindle Fire

Luggage Locks

Luggage Tags

Travel Blankets

Vacation Binder (Holds Documents)

CRUISE

Air Freshener

Alarm Clock

Backpack

Batteries AA & AAA

Beach Towels

Belkin Mini Outlet

Camera

Camera Bag

Camera Charger

Clothespins (8)

Empty GC for Safe

Highlighter

Memory Cards

Mini Lights

Mini Speakers

MP3 Player

Phone chargers

Post Its

Shoe Organizer

Water Cameras

Waterproof Bag for Beach

WATCH!!

Ziplock bags (Various Sizes)

DRINKS

Bobble Cups

Crystal Light Packets (Lemonade)

Lemon Ginger Teabags

FIRST AID

Abreva

Aloe Sunburn Gel

Anti-Itch Cream

Baby Powder

Benadryl

Blister Band-Aids

Bonine

Bug Spray

Chapstick

Clorox Wipes

Cold Meds

Eye Drops

Icy Hot Patches

Immodium

Jenn’s Epi-Pen

Jenn’s Prescription

Migraine Meds

Nasal Spray

Nausea Meds

Neosporin

Q-Tips & Cotton Balls

Tums

Tylenol

Safety Pins

Shout Wipes

Suncreen (5 Spray Bottles, SPF 50)

Suncreen Face Stick

Swimmers Ear Drops

Wrinkle Releaser

Zantac

SHOWER

Body Wash & Poof

Cetaphil Bar

Clearasil Cream

Conditioner

Deodorant

Dental Floss

Face Moisturizer

Foot File & Lotion

Kris’s Clippers

Lotion

Mouthwash

Razors

Shampoo

Toothbrushes

Toothpaste

Tweezers

JENN’S GETTING READY

Bobby Pins

Curling Iron

Eye Makeup Remover

Flat Iron

Hairbrush

Hairdryer & Clips

Hair Flowers

Hairspray

Hair ties

Headbands

Makeup & Brushes

Nail File & Clippers

Nail Polish Remover

Perfume

Straightening Balm

Straightening Spray

JENN CLOTHES

Bathing Suits (3)

Bras & Strapless Bra & Sports Bras

Cardigans (2)

Dresses & Coverups

Flip Flops

Hoodie

Jewelry

Tees & Tanks

Sandals Socks

Shorts

Socks

Sunglasses

Tee Shirts (Workout)

Tennis Shoes

Underwear

Wristlets

Yoga Pants

KRIS CLOTHES

Cologne

Beaters

Belt

Boxers

Button Down

Dress Shoes

Flip Flops

Khakis & Black Pants

Polos

Socks & Dress Socks

Shorts

Sunglasses

Swimtrunks (3)

Tee Shirts

Tennis Shoes

White Tees

Simplify list

Oooh super glue is a GREAT tip. Esp if one of my flip flops break in port. I've had that happen soo many times.

Also I am planning on picking up two bottles. Are bottle openers not available via room service or the bar??? Or is that where the corkage fee comes in??

Your room steward will bring you one if you ask. I prefer my own....I struggle with theirs, it's a cheap one. The corkage fee applies if you bring your bottle out of your room such as to dinner.

To the OP - We will be taking our 14th cruise shortly. I thought we had a master of a list for cruising and never felt we needed anything.

Seeing one of your items, the Belkin mini outlet is absolutely genius! I have one in the kitchen at our desk for charging and never in a million years did I think about taking it. I never wanted to take a power strip because it was too bulky.

I have just added it to the list and NOW I can finally say my list is a mater!

Thank you so much for the idea, you have no clue how this is going to make our lives easier.

I do have one question for you. How in the world are you going to get all that stuff to the ship? Do you have a moving van to take it? :)

Great list! Thanks again. Enjoy your cruise! Freedom for us in a few weeks.

Hi!! I'm so glad I could help you, however I cannot take credit for the mini outlet, as I only bought it bc I read a post here that recommended it! :)

Hahaha I am actually mostly packed and it fits well. I have one large suitcase, Kris has a medium suitcase and we will share a carry on and one of us will wear our beach backpack on the plane.

All the meds are taken out of their boxes and only one strip will go, or a trial size will go. These all fit nicely in a zip lock bag (gallon).

This misc items are going in a gallon size bag and everything is out of its original packaging as well.

My clothes are lightweight and all rolled up. Only one pair of bulky shoes.

If weight becomes an issue we will take two carry ons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't have time to read the whole thread so if someone else has said this, my apologies.

The better question is: "What am I taking that I don't need?" ...and start with the first item, Auto Insurance Cards. Why? They stay IN YOUR CAR at all times, because they only cover the car named on them. If you're driving to the embarkation port, then put them in the glove box and leave them there until you get home. You don't need them on the cruise. Even if you rent a car in Puerto Rico, you get insurance from Hertz or Avis or whomever, you don't use your own policy.

Go over the rest of your list with same fine-tooth comb. You'l probably find a lot of stuff you don't need...

I don't have time to read the whole thread so if someone else has said this, my apologies.

The better question is: "What am I taking that I don't need?" ...and start with the first item, Auto Insurance Cards. Why? They stay IN YOUR CAR at all times, because they only cover the car named on them. If you're driving to the embarkation port, then put them in the glove box and leave them there until you get home. You don't need them on the cruise. Even if you rent a car in Puerto Rico, you get insurance from Hertz or Avis or whomever, you don't use your own policy.

Go over the rest of your list with same fine-tooth comb. You'l probably find a lot of stuff you don't need...

Hello! I am a p&c insurance agent. I am renting a car, and my policy affords coverage for liability, physical damage and loss of use for a temporary substitute vehicle anywhere in the US, Puerto Rico and Mexico. My cc company provides limited coverage but its secondary to my underlying policy limit. As such, I will not be purchasing the costly physical damage waiver from Hertz. Insurance cards are a must :)

I too travel with an extensive first aid kit, including pulse-oximeter:rolleyes: but then again, I am a nurse so what most feel is overkill I see as the basics. One thing that I will NOT travel without is MoleSkin, it is perfect with blisters, both preventing and treating once they have developed. I is usually found with the bandages or with the shoe inserts.

I too travel with an extensive first aid kit, including pulse-oximeter:rolleyes: but then again, I am a nurse so what most feel is overkill I see as the basics. One thing that I will NOT travel without is MoleSkin, it is perfect with blisters, both preventing and treating once they have developed. I is usually found with the bandages or with the shoe inserts.

I completely understand! I carry some of these items out of necessity daily, as I have a myriad of digestive issues. It just seems to make sense to have a small amt of the items on hand. On my last few vacations if I didn't use them someone else I met did, and I dont mind sharing!

I bought blister band aids in anticipation of my new wedges hurting my feet :)

I loved your list!! Thank you for sharing.

My family laughs at me but they come to me for odd items and I have yet to deny them. lol.

Our ship was part of a rescue operation and when I pulled out two pairs of binoculars, the family was pretty excited. What REALLY impressed them was me pulling out a compass after we were told that additional rescue was coming from the north/west. ha!! :D

The only items I noticed you don't have and has not been mentioned is:

Anti-static spray and laundry stuff.

For the beach, also I bring a face cloth in a zip-lock bag, water bottles, goggles, and air mattresses.

There have been a few beaches (Nassau and Half Moon Cay) that we have visited, that without goggles, we would never have noticed that there were several translucent fish swimming amongst us. Very cool.

Hope your trip is amazing! Thank you again for sharing.

My favorite thing about this list (aside from it's thoroughness) is that my DH and I are Kris & Jenn as well, so this list is perfect for us to steal from. Thanks :)

Hahaha another Kris with a "K" and another Jenn with two "n's", how random! I can email you the word doc if you would like :)

I first started reading this and thought there is no way this person is leaving something out, but I actually think I found something!! Shaving cream/gel !!

Maybe Kris might want a pair of sneakers unless its not on the list because he is wearing them on his feet....not packing them.

Anyway...enjoy your trip! We'll be on the Valor 05/19!!

I first started reading this and thought there is no way this person is leaving something out, but I actually think I found something!! Shaving cream/gel !!

Maybe Kris might want a pair of sneakers unless its not on the list because he is wearing them on his feet....not packing them.

Anyway...enjoy your trip! We'll be on the Valor 05/19!!

I actually don't use shaving cream and I call sneakers tennis shoes lol but good eye!!!

Yay, I hope you have a GREAT time! 3 weeks to go for you, I'm sure you are soo excited :)

• 1 month later...

Whew! I'm not the only one who packs an extensive first aid kit w/pulse ox....I am a nurse, DH is a Respiratory Therapist. It's considered a must have in our bags :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived