My Packing List...What Am I Forgetting??

jvitatoe26

I love taking 1-2 $2.00 rafts with me. Can use at any beach and leave for local kids when I go. I prefer to lie my head on my clean raft rather than rent a greasy raft for $10.00+

Of course I live in Orlando so don't have to worry about weight of the suitcase like someone who flies in to the port.

Also we take croakies so we don't lose our sunglasses if we rent a rhino, zipline or ride horses!

I love taking 1-2 $2.00 rafts with me. Can use at any beach and leave for local kids when I go. I prefer to lie my head on my clean raft rather than rent a greasy raft for $10.00+

Of course I live in Orlando so don't have to worry about weight of the suitcase like someone who flies in to the port.

Also we take croakies so we don't lose our sunglasses if we rent a rhino, zipline or ride horses!

How do you blow the rafts up?? Are they big??

What are croackies??

Not sure what your ports are but some protected parks require biodegradable sunscreen. If you have regular they take. I also pack a waterproof card carrier in case I need, plastic disposable rain ponchos and a shopping tote that folds into the size of a washcloth.

We always bring a small tupperware cntainer to store salsa (which is only available in the AM and early afternoon) and I bring on a bag of nacho chips for dipping. Carnival does not have nacho chips which is kinda sad. Also..if you are in a balcony bring a bungee cord to hold your door open :) have a great time!:D

If you have the luxury of space, a small basket (plastic from the dollar store works) to keep small things contained on the desk. Good for holding lanyards, pens, note paper, daily Fun Times, highlighter, watch, camera, misc. little stuff so it doesn't take over your cabin.

These are all great tips!!! I will keep an eye on this post and when it dies down some, I will remove all the personal references and generalize the info and post a link to a pdf for anyone who may need help with a packing list! :)

If you have the luxury of space, a small basket (plastic from the dollar store works) to keep small things contained on the desk. Good for holding lanyards, pens, note paper, daily Fun Times, highlighter, watch, camera, misc. little stuff so it doesn't take over your cabin.

If you don't have the room..Dollar Tree has collapsable boxes that you can sit on the desk....I use them when ever I travel...the boxes when folded down fit in the zippered front of my suit case...I have two for the desk on every cruse..sunglasses, brush, hairspray....etc. etc.

Great list! The only things I think I would add would be an eye glass repair kit and extra pair of glasses just in case. If my DH would break his glasses then we would be in trouble because he can not see without them.

Have fun on your cruise! :D

There is an app for iPhones and Androids that has a pre-made packing list that you can add and remove items to - to customize for you. It's handy because as you see posts like this, or if you have those do not forget to bring this, moments - you can add it to the list easily right then. It also has check boxes to mark things off as you pack!

There is an app for iPhones and Androids that has a pre-made packing list that you can add and remove items to - to customize for you. It's handy because as you see posts like this, or if you have those do not forget to bring this, moments - you can add it to the list easily right then. It also has check boxes to mark things off as you pack!

Wonderful! What is the name of the app??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ship mate. It also has detailed deck plans and places to store contact info. So when you are on the boat, you have a handy map and reference. That part doesn't require any access to wifi or cellular. So you can use it even if your phone is in Airplane mode!

Hello! I will be leaving in FOUR WEEKS!!!! for Puerto Rico for a few days then on the Carnival Valor for a week! YAY!!!!!!

I have a packing list, and I was wondering if the experienced cruisers can see anything I may be missing!

I know there is A LOT on this list, but I have a ton of allergies and tummy issues and get skin rashes easily etc etc lol, so I always travel with a small amount of everything in my medicine cabinet. I will only take abt a quart sized baggie for all the misc meds, with a few expceptions. Most toiletries will be travel sized, or I will take two travel sized.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!! :)

DOCUMENTS

Auto Insurance Cards

Birth Certificates

Birthday Card for Kris

Cash

Copy of All Items Listed Here

Credit Cards

Cruise Boarding Docs

Cruise Luggage Tags

Drivers Licenses

Debit Cards

Emergency Contact #s

Health Insurance Cards

Hotel Reservation Recpt

Jenn's Passport

Plane Tickets

Rental Car Reservation

PLANE

Books, Magazines

Ear Plugs

Headphones

Jenn's Glasses

Kind Bars & GF Snacks

Kindle Fire

Luggage Locks

Luggage Tags

Travel Blankets

Vacation Binder (Holds Documents)

CRUISE

Air Freshener

Alarm Clock

Backpack

Batteries AA & AAA

Beach Towels

Belkin Mini Outlet

Camera

Camera Bag

Camera Charger

Clothespins (8)

Empty GC for Safe

Highlighter

Memory Cards

Mini Lights

Mini Speakers

MP3 Player

Phone chargers

Post Its

Shoe Organizer

Water Cameras

Waterproof Bag for Beach

WATCH!!

Ziplock bags (Various Sizes)

DRINKS

Bobble Cups

Crystal Light Packets (Lemonade)

Lemon Ginger Teabags

FIRST AID

Abreva

Aloe Sunburn Gel

Anti-Itch Cream

Baby Powder

Benadryl

Blister Band-Aids

Bonine

Bug Spray

Chapstick

Clorox Wipes

Cold Meds

Eye Drops

Icy Hot Patches

Immodium

Jenn’s Epi-Pen

Jenn’s Prescription

Migraine Meds

Nasal Spray

Nausea Meds

Neosporin

Q-Tips & Cotton Balls

Tums

Tylenol

Safety Pins

Shout Wipes

Suncreen (5 Spray Bottles, SPF 50)

Suncreen Face Stick

Swimmers Ear Drops

Wrinkle Releaser

Zantac

SHOWER

Body Wash & Poof

Cetaphil Bar

Clearasil Cream

Conditioner

Deodorant

Dental Floss

Face Moisturizer

Foot File & Lotion

Kris’s Clippers

Lotion

Mouthwash

Razors

Shampoo

Toothbrushes

Toothpaste

Tweezers

JENN’S GETTING READY

Bobby Pins

Curling Iron

Eye Makeup Remover

Flat Iron

Hairbrush

Hairdryer & Clips

Hair Flowers

Hairspray

Hair ties

Headbands

Makeup & Brushes

Nail File & Clippers

Nail Polish Remover

Perfume

Straightening Balm

Straightening Spray

JENN CLOTHES

Bathing Suits (3)

Bras & Strapless Bra & Sports Bras

Cardigans (2)

Dresses & Coverups

Flip Flops

Hoodie

Jewelry

Tees & Tanks

Sandals Socks

Shorts

Socks

Sunglasses

Tee Shirts (Workout)

Tennis Shoes

Underwear

Wristlets

Yoga Pants

KRIS CLOTHES

Cologne

Beaters

Belt

Boxers

Button Down

Dress Shoes

Flip Flops

Khakis & Black Pants

Polos

Socks & Dress Socks

Shorts

Sunglasses

Swimtrunks (3)

Tee Shirts

Tennis Shoes

White Tees

Leave out the beach towels, they are very heavy and Carnival supplies them for everyone in the cabin, and you hand them in when used and they bring new ones.

Ship mate. It also has detailed deck plans and places to store contact info. So when you are on the boat, you have a handy map and reference. That part doesn't require any access to wifi or cellular. So you can use it even if your phone is in Airplane mode!

Is it cruise ship mate for $1.99?? Couldn't find one with just ship mate??

Oh I actually have this app, I have never noticed the packing list tho :confused:

Holy Cow, I thought DW was a bit anal with some of the stuff she packs - she's a saint compared to that list. Only thing I can think of is some bio hazard bags for when the ship breaks down. It is Carnival after all.

Holy Cow, I thought DW was a bit anal with some of the stuff she packs - she's a saint compared to that list. Only thing I can think of is some bio hazard bags for when the ship breaks down. It is Carnival after all.

Wow... you managed to insult the OP and Carnival with just a few sentences.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see flashlight listed. We have small ones on our lanyards and another one that is also an alarm clock and thermometer. We started bringing them after the Concordia disaster.

works lovely- I have one just like it :D

We were JUST talking about needing something that we could charge our devices with as well on our trip coming up in 38 days! We're going to be in transit quite a bit before (and after) our cruise and we're taking our ipads and a wireless storage device for movies for the kids. This was a GREAT idea for us, as it's small and suits all our needs both on and off the ship! Great tip!:D

I did not see a wine opener....that is if you are planning picking up your allotted bottles before you get to the port. Also I would throw in a little tube superglue just in case you break a nail or a heel on your shoe :)

Archived