Ocean View Guarantee - Summit - June sailing to Bermuda!!

Sandy1975

I am doing a happy dance now! My husband and I had a cruise to Bermuda booked for August but I have been monitoring prices and noticed that the June 16 sailing had ocean view Guarantee room for about $500 lower than our original reservation. My work schedule opened up for this sailing so I it showed to my husband and we decided to take a chance and book the June 16 cruise.

We looked at all the cabins that were available and there was only ONE that we would not had been happy to get because Normandie Restaurant and kitchen are on top and is very noisy between 3-5 due to cleaning (experienced this first hand last December!).

We booked the cruise last night and I was obsessively checking Celebrity site to see if we got a cabin. My last check was before leaving the office and nothing. I got home and first thing I did was check again and there it was! We had a cabin but we got the one room we DIDN'T WANT!! :eek:

Talk about luck. I told my hubs the bad news and he immediatly called the TA. While he was on the phone, I was checking available category 7 rooms. There were 3 left and we requested one that would guarantee better sleep at night. After 20 minutes on the phone we had our new cabin!!! YAY!!!

Sorry for the long post but I am just happy we were able to change! Lesson from this story is that it pays to be obsessive about some things! We probably would had been out of luck if I waited until tomorrow to check again.

Now we just need to plan for the trip! So excited to go to BERMUDA!

That's great! So glad it worked out for you. I would never had known you could that if I didn't read these boards. Have a fabulous cruise. We did the Summit to Bermuda last year and had the best time. Enjoy and good Sailing!

That's great! So glad it worked out for you. I would never had known you could that if I didn't read these boards. Have a fabulous cruise. We did the Summit to Bermuda last year and had the best time. Enjoy and good Sailing!

I didn't know either until yesterday.

I am doing a happy dance now! My husband and I had a cruise to Bermuda booked for August but I have been monitoring prices and noticed that the June 16 sailing had ocean view Guarantee room for about $500 lower than our original reservation. My work schedule opened up for this sailing so I it showed to my husband and we decided to take a chance and book the June 16 cruise.

We looked at all the cabins that were available and there was only ONE that we would not had been happy to get because Normandie Restaurant and kitchen are on top and is very noisy between 3-5 due to cleaning (experienced this first hand last December!).

We booked the cruise last night and I was obsessively checking Celebrity site to see if we got a cabin. My last check was before leaving the office and nothing. I got home and first thing I did was check again and there it was! We had a cabin but we got the one room we DIDN'T WANT!! :eek:

Talk about luck. I told my hubs the bad news and he immediatly called the TA. While he was on the phone, I was checking available category 7 rooms. There were 3 left and we requested one that would guarantee better sleep at night. After 20 minutes on the phone we had our new cabin!!! YAY!!!

Sorry for the long post but I am just happy we were able to change! Lesson from this story is that it pays to be obsessive about some things! We probably would had been out of luck if I waited until tomorrow to check again.

Now we just need to plan for the trip! So excited to go to BERMUDA!

Glad you ended up with a cabin in a better location. Your experience is exactly why we booked a specific cabin number and not a guarantee. No stress.

Glad you ended up with a cabin in a better location. Your experience is exactly why we booked a specific cabin number and not a guarantee. No stress.

This was our first time doing it but it is only our 4th cruise :)

My husband didn't like the "unknown" but I didn't mind it too much as I fully acknowledged the rules of the game . He liked the savings we were getting and I think that if the savings are substantial next time, we will do it again. I just need to remind him of what could happen :)

Could you tell me the stateroom #. A friend booked our cruise this time and I'm afraid we have this noisy stateroom.

Cabin 2181 was the room that was under the "concert of the banging pans and pots" that was coming from the Demo/Prep kitchen. We complained twice about the noise. After our second complain we were moved to a different cabin and we got to sail on a Balcony with obstructed view for the rest of our trip.

If you look at the deck map, you will see that the restaurant, along with the kitchen is on the AFT section (left side of the ship). The cabin we were given this time was 2163 that is still under the restaurant and just to be on the safe side we requested to change to a cabin that had rooms on top.

2163 is a Cat 7 room and the one we had that was noisy was a cat 9.

So glad it worked out.

I very much appreciate that X and RCI have let us swap GTY cabins within the category. NCL does not, so booking a gty with them is riskier.

Thanks! I will keep this in mind if we ever sail with NCL

Archived