Celebrity Pre-Cruise Info.

Killiepie

Hi. First cruise with Celebrity to Baltic in June. Over the past week Celebrity have emailed me to print-off our Xpress pass which has been done. Yesterday I was able to download the "Guest Ticket Booklet" This consisted of nine pages of which three were blank. The only real info was passenger details, details of credit card for onship account together with details of embarkation and luggage labels (quality). On previous cruises with other lines we have received a fairly informative booklet pre-cruise. This would contain details of vessel, info re dress code and formal nights, itinerary. port info etc. Will thiis be received from Celebrity closer to sailing date or are the aforementioned the full package.

I think that is the full package. Shame really, but they don't seem to send out hard copies anymore. If you look hard enough on their dreadful web site you should eventually be able to find all the information you need. I agree that it was so nice to recieve information in the post, made the run up to the holiday more exciting and more of an ocassion.

I can remember when information was sent to you or you TA nicely presented in a smart wallet with details of your destinations and all kinds of other interesting bits and pieces. Have to say that was for land based holidays. We have never received anything like that from Celebrity or Princess.

Hi. First cruise with Celebrity to Baltic in June. Over the past week Celebrity have emailed me to print-off our Xpress pass which has been done. Yesterday I was able to download the "Guest Ticket Booklet" This consisted of nine pages of which three were blank. The only real info was passenger details, details of credit card for onship account together with details of embarkation and luggage labels (quality). On previous cruises with other lines we have received a fairly informative booklet pre-cruise. This would contain details of vessel, info re dress code and formal nights, itinerary. port info etc. Will thiis be received from Celebrity closer to sailing date or are the aforementioned the full package.

That's it...

... and you will have to keep an eye on the site to check when you can order you luggage labels (proper sticky ones as oppossed to the printer version in the cruise booklet) as these don't come automatically either...

Unfortunately the full booklet is only available for online viewing from Celebrity's website. There was a link for online viewing on the same page of their website as where you downloaded the abbreviated version from.

I really don't understand why they've shifted to the abbreviated version for downloads and offline viewing as it makes no sense to me, but this is what they've done. The fact that the full version is available only online was printed in the downloadable version we had on our last cruise but perhaps this was what should have been on one of the blank pages on your download. Page 4 of our booklet had the following information on it:

Please note, that this is an abbreviated Guest Ticket Booklet.

For additional details concerning your cruise vacation, click the FLASH

document button contained on the same page that provided you with

this document or contact your travel agent for assistance.

Highlighting some of the additional information contained in the

FLASH document:

• Getting Ready

• Guest Services Onboard

• Frequently Asked Questions

It all comes down to good service or just get by ;because it saves money:o . Imho X needs to be aware that cost cutting in certain areas whether it be in pre boarding info ,luggage labels or food quality & presentation ie will ultimately impact who sails their ships;)

My TA still sends us travel folders with info, documents (extra copies of Express Pass), luggage tags, etc. She does it herself... it's not from X. The last folder we got had a "cruise checklist" on the outside. Really nice touch and another reason we use a TA.

Unfortunately the full booklet is only available for online viewing from Celebrity's website. There was a link for online viewing on the same page of their website as where you downloaded the abbreviated version from.

I really don't understand why they've shifted to the abbreviated version for downloads and offline viewing as it makes no sense to me, but this is what they've done. The fact that the full version is available only online was printed in the downloadable version we had on our last cruise but perhaps this was what should have been on one of the blank pages on your download. Page 4 of our booklet had the following information on it:

Just guessing here, but I think they may have done it that way because some people were actually printing it all out and taking the whole bulky thing along on the cruise with them.

Then all that wasted paper ended up in the trash, just like those paper booklets that they used to send out.

Letting people know where they can find the whole thing online kind of provides the assurance that you can look at it from any location, should you wish to do so.

Viewing it on a screen makes it easy to adjust the small print to whatever size you want.

We still download the abbreviated version anyway, even though we don't print it, just to have it stored on our own computer for accessibility without needing to go online.

The only thing we ever print are vouchers, if we have any.

I confess that we have never once looked at it on any cruise ship and only end up deleting it, but it sure beats wasting all that paper.

Our understanding is that they will still send out the paper document booklet to anyone who really wants it and is willing to pay for it.

That seems like a very fair way to do it.

Archived