Using OBC for speciality restaurant?

Is it possible to use OBC for specialty restaurant fees? We are traveling next month to Bermuda on the Explorer of the Seas. We are a small group but received an on board credit booking bonus and wanted to use it at Portifinos for a special treat for the adults in the group. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Is it possible to use OBC for specialty restaurant fees? .

Of course! :)

OBC will be a credit on your onboard account. You can use it for any purchase on board including paying gratuitites, specialty dining, excursions etc and so on! :)

Yes, OBC can be used for specialty restaurants. Essentially the fee gets charged to your account and it gets settled up at the end of the week, so if you have onboard credit, it will go towards paying your final bill.

The only thing is that if you want to use your onboard credit, you won't be able to make online reservations for the restaurant ahead of time before you board and will have to wait once you get onboard. So you might not get the date and time that you want. If you go online, you'll have to pay upfront with a credit card.

The only thing is that if you want to use your onboard credit, you won't be able to make online reservations for the restaurant ahead of time before you board and will have to wait once you get onboard. So you might not get the date and time that you want. If you go online, you'll have to pay upfront with a credit card.

Is this true? I'm not questioning your statement, I just don't know that's why I ask. If it is true, what about if you have complimentary speciality restaurant meals (via Amex Platinum for example) and you want to reserve prior to boarding?

When I try to make a reservation RC is making me PRE-pay with a credit card, or are they just taking the credit card for a guarantee?

When making reservations at any Specialty Restaurant on-line, yes you have to prepay.

Why don't you just wait until you are on board and book?

Is this true? I'm not questioning your statement, I just don't know that's why I ask. If it is true, what about if you have complimentary speciality restaurant meals (via Amex Platinum for example) and you want to reserve prior to boarding?

You still have to prepay when making a reservation prior to boarding. Once on board, you can turn your voucher in and your SeaPass card will be credited.

Archived