Liberty Report - Awesome Time

Poohbeck

Great review! How much was it to rent a clam shell? My Dh and I are going to HMC and undecided about renting a cabana. Sounds like you had a great time at that port! Thanks for the info.

I just double checked my receipt...the clam shell is $19.99.

I just double checked my receipt...the clam shell is $19.99.

Oooh, that is a really good deal! Were there many clam shells available or a limited number like the cabanas? Did you get to pick out the spot or did the "clam shell staff" determine that for you? Thanks!!

Oooh, that is a really good deal! Were there many clam shells available or a limited number like the cabanas? Did you get to pick out the spot or did the "clam shell staff" determine that for you? Thanks!!

There were lots of clam shells to pick from when we got there (tender #1) but as the tenders came in there were less and less. We picked the spot and paid at the rental deck; you also get the tubes and snorkel gear there. There was an attendant walking around, but, we didn't wait for her to get to us.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

St. Thomas

We (4 of us) had already fallen into our morning routine and we were ready to get off the ship right when we docked at 10am.

Part of my morning routine was spent at the Omelet station for my non-dairy omelet and my soy milk. I had the same chef every morning I went to the Lido at the Omelet station. I would ask for a non-dairy egg omelet with ham and mushrooms. He would not use the egg mixture at the station, he would go into the refrigerator behind him and pick out the non-dairy egg mixture and get a new pan. I could also order the soy or lactaid milk from the staff behind the main line.

Our excursion wasn’t until 12:15pm, so we had some time to roam around St. Thomas. I had read so much about Paradise Point, the view and the tram ride up the mountain, so we hoofed it over there. There was a lot of construction in the area, but, we made it over there just fine. There was no line, so we paid and got right in line. In all my research I guess I never read that it cost $21.99 to go up the tramway and I was surprised it cost so much. But, since I really wanted to go up and we walked all the way over there and the kids were psyched, we did it.

The view at the top was absolutely beautiful. The top of Paradise Point is going under construction, but, it didn’t ruin our view. It was too early for us to have a cocktail, so we didn’t have any. Plus I was a bit low on cash since it cost so much to go up, we also left our emergency credit card on the ship. We didn’t make that mistake again. But we did a little shopping, took in the view and went back down.

Our excursion was for 12:15pm, so we met up with my SIL and BIL who picked the same one.

Champagne Catamaran here we come!

This excursion was incredible! We took a short ride over to the Marina, loaded onto the catamaran and headed out to Honeymoon Beach at St. John’s. Once we anchored off, you could jump into the water to snorkel, swim out to the beach or take a boat dingy ride over to the beach. My family, SIL and BIL all went snorkeling. I opted for the dingy ride to the beach. The beach was fabulous! Blue skies, clear water, warm sand…what’s not to like.

Once we were all back on the Catamaran and we headed back out to the water, the bar opened. It was free rum punch, champagne, and soda. They also brought out snacks of bread, cheese and fruit. They were very liberal with the drinks and would come around and top off your drink if it was a little low. They also had music going. It was a BLAST!!!!

The ride back to the ship was quite entertaining. Many folks on our excursion had a bit too much to drink and were acting quote silly. The whole ship heard us pulling into port.

Dinner was the usual…I ended up in bed at 8:30pm, so no shows for me. I was just exhausted! My husband met up with our other family to head to shows and have some drinks. And like every night the kids went to their kids Club and stayed out late.

The view from Paradise Point.

DSCF4087.jpg

My hubby and I at the top of Paradise Point.

DSCF4097.jpg

Free Rum samples in the Port of St. Thomas.

DSCN0200.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Was the tour in St. Thomas a Carnival tour?

Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, it was a Carnival tour and it was awesome!

I just realized I never finished my trip report.:( I'll have to get back on that. :)

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The view from Paradise Point.

DSCF4087.jpg

Just wanted to say I love reading reviews, especially of ships that I have been on. We did the Liberty in October, and my next ship is just in front in this picture, AND we are going to St Thomas! Can't wait to read the rest!

• 4 weeks later...
Hoping your coming back to finish, it is a great review so far.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Don't leave us hanging.....We sail on the Liberty in 20+ days and would love to hear the rest of your review.

OceanDreams

• 2 months later...

Archived