Toilet Paper

spanky

I worked as a secretary in City hall for years in the Engineering Dept. the sewer department guys always said that most of the sewer problems residents had was from the soft type of tp that they used. they said it was the worse thing to use - they recommended Scott tp as the one that is less likely to "puff up". So, ever since then it's the only brand I buy - and it's not the extra soft kind either it's the 1,000 sheet roll. I think it is the most economical too.

I love Scott, family of 6 and that 1,000 sheets last a long time!!! :)

We live out in the sticks, and any home that is out of a city has a septic system. TP ends up once a week to the dump, our neighbor burns theirs. Low flow toilets are also good so not much water gets to the leech fields. Our county is really stinky about septic systems and will mess with you if your system fails.

Your septic system must not be very efficient if you can't flush TP at all. We use Scott brand (extra soft) as it is good for septic systems although not specifically biodegradable. I also add Rid-X once in while for extra insurance. Our system is set up for 2.5 bathrooms but since there are only two of us I am not too worried about overloading the system. If I were I would switch to the TP for RVs/ camping rather than burn it, but that gets pretty expensive.

I am guessing it won't be too long before TP is added to the list of contraband. I never would think to bring my own anywhere except when hunting. I am female so do prefer a little paper. But, it is the biodegradable camping kind. So, if people must bring their own TP, please bring the proper kind so the rest of us don't have to ' red bag' it due to a backed up system.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

IMO it is absolutely ridiculous that someone would travel with toilet paper. Especially on a cruise ship being that they probably use a specific kind so it dissolves quickly. And I hope you tip your room steward a lot extra if you expect them to take care of your trash full of used toilet paper.

I agree. Plus that's nasty. That fluffy stuff is horrible for our plumbing at home, so we are fine dealing with the cruise toilet paper for a few days.:rolleyes:

Archived