Toilet Paper

spanky

Anyone ever bring their own toilet paper on a cruise? That sandpaper/easy dissolve stuff they use is horrible...

Yes, I have. Have also done so when traveling to hotels where I dislike the brand they use.

There's a reason they use that. Assume you bring something designed for marine toilets? Why clog up the pipes?

Pssst. They have trash cans. ;)

I guess if it's not a "naughty room" item, bringing a roll or 2 should be okay to do.

Yes' date=' I have. Have also done so when traveling to hotels where I dislike the brand they use.

Pssst. They have trash cans. ;)[/quote']

Yes' date=' I have. Have also done so when traveling to hotels where I dislike the brand they use.

Pssst. They have trash cans. ;)[/quote']

IMO it is absolutely ridiculous that someone would travel with toilet paper. Especially on a cruise ship being that they probably use a specific kind so it dissolves quickly. And I hope you tip your room steward a lot extra if you expect them to take care of your trash full of used toilet paper.

IMO it is absolutely ridiculous that someone would travel with toilet paper. Especially on a cruise ship being that they probably use a specific kind so it dissolves quickly. And I hope you tip your room steward a lot extra if you expect them to take care of your trash full of used toilet paper.

Unless you want to get used to using the trash cans for used TP if you are going to Mexico. You don't put the TP down the toilet there; it clogs the toilet.

The TP is fine. As a previous poster has said, the your own TP from home might clog up the pipes. Years ago I was on 2 Aeroflot planes. I swear the TP on the planes was wax paper (yes, I brought some home so I could show everyone).

Anyone ever bring their own toilet paper on a cruise? That sandpaper/easy dissolve stuff they use is horrible...

Was someone playing a joke on you? I've never rubbed anything close to sandpaper on ANY part of my body off any roll.

Why not just use the facial tissues if your detection area needs something softer.

Or pack a portable bidet.

Never thought there was anything wrong with the TP they give you.

Me either.

This reminds me of a neighborhood that was built near here.

It had big homes on big lots and kept having sewage problems.

There was a spot in the sewer that kept stopping up and causing problems below the clog.

Turned out that there was a certain kind of toilet paper that was causing it.

I think it was some kind of charmin, if I remember correctly, extra thick or something like that.

They asked people to not use it and a woman whose house was near the trouble spot refused to stop using it.

The woman's house was not affected, but her neighbors were.

It was on the local news for several days.

That putting used toilet paper into the trash is yucky.

Especially since they have to go through the trash and sort it.

I hope if someone is throwing it away that they place it into those bags for used feminine products.

Why do you think they use something that is easy to dissolve? It has to be that way so you dont clog up the system.

...Pssst. They have trash cans.

You are a doctor and you suggest that it is OK for paper containing human waste to go into a trash can???!!! OK, facial tissues go in there but malodorous waste containing coliform bacteria is another matter.

OP, ship waste systems are designed to process "black water" before it is discharged and thus the need to use highly dissolvable paper. Cruise lines are not choosing this to be cheap.

People truly disgust me. I bet some of these same people who use a trash can for their home-brought TP would be the same ones crying if they had to go in a red bag.

Keep your home TP at home and stop putting bio waste into trashcans to make other people sick. It's really is the most disgusting behavior I have seen on this site.

People truly disgust me. I bet some of these same people who use a trash can for their home-brought TP would be the same ones crying if they had to go in a red bag.

Keep your home TP at home and stop putting bio waste into trashcans to make other people sick. It's really is the most disgusting behavior I have seen on this site.

I was wondering if they were one of the one's who griped about the 'smelly' trays left in their cabin, or in the hall.

This is right up there with the poster who used a pillowcase for tp.

Agreed. I've seen plenty that I've rolled my eyes at around here, but foul tp in the trash can really takes the cake.

Exactly this. It's just TP. I'm sure you can handle the ship's brand for the short time you are onboard.

Everyone's so mean. I was with the op thinking the tp they use is terrible and I assumed it was just because it was cheap. Plenty of public restrooms I've been in use similar stuff and they usually have industrial strength toilets. Now that people have pointed out the toilets clogging, that makes sense. But no need to be so rude about it. That isn't common knowledge. There's nothing that says don't use your own toilet paper like there should be if it would really mess up the system.

Archived