Toilet Paper

spanky

Just throwing this out there.... When we go deer hunting, when I forget to pack some TP I just use any ol' leaves or grass I can get ahold of from the squat position, so obviously I'm not to picky about my TP. Although I do prefer Charmin if I've got a choice! :)

I'm sure the people who bring their own Charmin are the first one's to complain about the smell when the system backs up and then acts like oooo it wasn't me who did it....It's kind of a life lesson some people who think they are better then everyone else basically thinks their a*s deserves something better then what's provided and then will complain when things mess up....People know they can't do it but they still do...suck it up for a week and get over it...your butt will survive

I worked as a secretary in City hall for years in the Engineering Dept. the sewer department guys always said that most of the sewer problems residents had was from the soft type of tp that they used. they said it was the worse thing to use - they recommended Scott tp as the one that is less likely to "puff up". So, ever since then it's the only brand I buy - and it's not the extra soft kind either it's the 1,000 sheet roll. I think it is the most economical too.

I guess those of you who have a problem putting TP in the trash can are the ones who clog up the toilets at the beach clubs in Cozumel. They have really antiquated septic systems in Mexico and even in 5* hotels you are asked to put the TP, and only TP, in the trash can next to the toilet. On a tour of a hotel we were told that they incinerate the TP.

I have a problem with people putting TP in the trash in places it isn't meant to be put in the trash - like on a cruise ship. If I'm in a place where they ask me to put it in the trash, then I will, but most certainly not where it's not expected of me.

People know they can't do it but they still do.

We've had a lot of internet jockies tell us you can't do it.

In all honesty, where does Carnival say you can't do it? I've never found it but would like to read it. TIA.

I don't recall there being a liner in the bathroom trashcan; I know there wasn't in the one next to the bed. So the steward would have to remove soiled paper then clean the can. I sure hope they are tipped extra.

As the original poster of this thread, I am very happy with the discussion so far. I was only just trying to start a discussion that was not pertaining to sneaking alchohol on board, or what people are wearing in the diningroom etc.

I have never brought toilet paper with me on a cruise (or anywhere) and wasn't going to this time either...but I'm sure there are people that do bring it with them. In case anyone is wondering...I use Charmin Extra Soft!

Oh 'nose' is right! ;)

That is very different than just dropping used tp in a regular waste can and having it sit there for possibly hours. 'You' have to do what you have to do.

What the poster was saying is still a "EEWWW"!

Lots of things are EWWWWW, but when you live under certain conditions, you do what you have to do. I suppose that's why so many on a ship that's been disabled has such a hard time dealing with reality, and knowing what to do.

Lots of things are EWWWWW, but when you live under certain conditions, you do what you have to do.

That's why 'I' said "You have to do what you have to do".

I was refering to you living with a septic system.

Having to have that soft tp on a cruise, and tossing used it in the waste can, is a 'I'm going to do what I want to do" thing.

I have a problem with people putting TP in the trash in places it isn't meant to be put in the trash - like on a cruise ship. If I'm in a place where they ask me to put it in the trash, then I will, but most certainly not where it's not expected of me.

Agree. I don't know why people keep talking about Mexico , etc. We aren't talking about Mexico, etc. We're talking about a cruise ship.

Was someone playing a joke on you? I've never rubbed anything close to sandpaper on ANY part of my body off any roll.

Why not just use the facial tissues if your detection area needs something softer.

Or pack a portable bidet.

another of my super blue in loss of mom days...and you sir can make me laugh...thanks..sarah

Was someone playing a joke on you? I've never rubbed anything close to sandpaper on ANY part of my body off any roll.

Why not just use the facial tissues if your detection area needs something softer.

Or pack a portable bidet.

Just throwing this out there.... When we go deer hunting, when I forget to pack some TP I just use any ol' leaves or grass I can get ahold of from the squat position, so obviously I'm not to picky about my TP. Although I do prefer Charmin if I've got a choice! :)

LOL..Went to Missoula, Montana for my Masters and your name always makes me smile...so as dad jokes with us now not then I am sure,,the fishing trip cactus story and the poison ivy story..as a kid. They had tons of fishing and picnics growng up ..almost every Sunday in Colorado...a real river runs through it childhood...for dad...

Anyone ever bring their own toilet paper on a cruise? That sandpaper/easy dissolve stuff they use is horrible...

Of course this thread title peaked my curiosity and had to read.

No, we've never had to take our own with us.

I do have to agree with another reply that they are probably using a special kind so it breaks down easy.

My advise.....bring the infamous "red bag" with you just JIC everything clogs up.

Everyone's so mean. I was with the op thinking the tp they use is terrible and I assumed it was just because it was cheap. Plenty of public restrooms I've been in use similar stuff and they usually have industrial strength toilets. Now that people have pointed out the toilets clogging, that makes sense. But no need to be so rude about it. That isn't common knowledge. There's nothing that says don't use your own toilet paper like there should be if it would really mess up the system.

I understand the sandpaper affect but I would never do anything to jeopardize the ships plumbing.

The affect that would have on the entire ship would be devastating and the media would pick right up on that.

BREAKING NEWS: A CARNIVAL SHIP IN TROUBLE AGAIN? Plumbing on the Carnival ship was brought to a screeching halt due to an unidentifiable brand of TP being used. :)

When my Chinese students come here for the first time I always have to tell them to flush the TP. And then I tell them again. And again. :mad:

Just use more of it if it dissolves. Don't bring your own. Anyone with a septic tank can tell you charmin or any of that other stuff will clog it up.

Just live with it for a week.

And when I go to China I have to remember to NOT flush it. That is of course if you can find a western toilet! If you have to use the holes, no worries about remembering to not flush.

I've never had an issue with the TP on board on any line. I mean, I spend most of my time at work or traveling, so I'm usually using a similar quality anyways.

I was wondering if they were one of the one's who griped about the 'smelly' trays left in their cabin, or in the hall.

This is right up there with the poster who used a pillowcase for tp.

I remember that post. I was in absolute shock. How hard would it have been to go get a roll for yourself.

Sometimes the more I read this site and all the other sites that I understand why I am becoming such a loner in life. There's not too many peoe out there anymore that impress me enough to want to be around anymore. No wonder I love camping on my private land with only my dogs and my husband.

Anyone ever bring their own toilet paper on a cruise? That sandpaper/easy dissolve stuff they use is horrible...

no. they probably and more than likely, use a certain kind to clog the pipes (and people bitch that their toilet backs up or wont work, yet its carnivals fault!) my parents have always had travel trailers and went camping, that toilet requires a certain type of toilet paper...no charmin, no angel soft etc. let the butt suffer for a week and don't risk a plumbing problem

I would never think to bring my own TP with me. I just use what is available. I do not like what most ships have to offer, but don't want to risk messing up the ships system by using my preferred brands.

We have septic at our home. It is not an issue. We can flush paper down the toilet we just have to make sure it is septic safe. We have been in our current home for 6 years and have not yet had to pump the tank because we are careful about what types of paper we use. We also treat the system with special enzymes to help with the break down of materials.

Angel soft is both soft and septic safe.

Archived