Anchorage supermarket

spintowin

Spending 2 days in Anchorage at the Rodeway Inn on K street, pre-cruise. Does anyone know if there is a supermarket nearby? We will try the bus service, but would be nice if something was nearby. Thanks!

A quick Google shows several encluding a Costco.

You need a membership card for Costco. Other local stores to consider are the Carrs/Safeway stores which has very good quality items.

If you do not have a soft sided cooler, buy a cheapie as you will find it will come in handy on your travels in Alaska.

You need a membership card for Costco. Other local stores to consider are the Carrs/Safeway stores which has very good quality items.

I am not sure about food but I have bought stuff from Costco w/o a membership card. You just pay a bit more but sometimes the convenience and/or the price is worth it.

DON

I am not sure about food but I have bought stuff from Costco w/o a membership card. You just pay a bit more but sometimes the convenience and/or the price is worth it.

DON

You can buy Rx drugs at Costco without a membership card by paying in cash at the pharmacy. You can't check out through the main registers without a membership card.

If I was walking or depending on the People Mover for shopping in Anchorage I would not want to be buying in Costco sized quantities.

If I was walking or depending on the People Mover for shopping in Anchorage I would not want to be buying in Costco sized quantities.

Both Costcos are quite a ways from downtown and not the best place for someone with ony a week or two in Alaska to shop due to those quantities. They do have the Milepost and good prices on rain gear though.

And, BTW Penny, the Snow Geese have returned and have been active at Potter Marsh this weekend. The weather has been very nice. We had a late snow and the mountains along Turngain Arm are gorgeous.

And, BTW Penny, the Snow Geese have returned and have been active at Potter Marsh this weekend. The weather has been very nice. We had a late snow and the mountains along Turngain Arm are gorgeous.

I love Turnagain Arm (no secret about that) and when it is iced with snow and the sun is shining, it is fantastic.

Archived