Adding people to stateroom?

callmebetty

We are supposed to be traveling with another couple. They are not going to have the money to pay for their room by final payment due to a death in the family. I am thinking we can cancel their reservation,upgrade our room to an Owner's Suite, and have them join us. How far in advance do we need to add the two people to our room? I am thinking this will give them extra time to get their funds together...

And is there enough room to comfortably sleep 4 in the OS?

Thanks!

Although technically there is enough room for 4 adults in the OS, I would absolutely NOT recommend it! First of all, there is a huge privacy problem. The bath/closet/dressing area is all accessed through the bedroom, and there is nothing but curtains between the living room and bedroom, and between the bath and closet/dressing area. Beyond that, there is a window over the bathtub, which overlooks the side balcony. If you decide to share this suite with another couple, be prepared to hang a towel over the shade, because the shade is completely see-through. :eek:

Also at issue, is storage space. Absolutely not enough storage for two couples. If you were traveling with your kids, this would fly, but not with two couples, unless you both don't care about leaving half of your stuff in your suitcases.

The OSs are absolutely lovely suites, but these are definitely not set up for two couples traveling together, imho.

We are supposed to be traveling with another couple. They are not going to have the money to pay for their room by final payment due to a death in the family. I am thinking we can cancel their reservation,upgrade our room to an Owner's Suite, and have them join us. How far in advance do we need to add the two people to our room? I am thinking this will give them extra time to get their funds together...

Thanks!

What ship are you looking at? And what date? Some OS only accommodate two people.

Thanks!

Also, I have read that sometimes even though the room or suite may accommodate "X" number of persons, that if the deck has reached a certain limit of passengers (based on lifeboat capacity) they may not allow you to add people to your room or suite. So the advice is: Add them as soon as possible if that is what you decide to do.

Thank you everyone! I was concerned about the privacy issue and it seems that was a warranted concern.

We are on the Gem July 20. The rates of the rooms seem to be rising and I realized switching our room wouldn't at all be cost effective. We booked through CAS and before our discount, the suites have gone up 750 per person, inside (where our friends would be) has gone up 150 per person. We are going to cancel their res and maybe rebook if they can swing it anytime before sailing. There is always next year to share the world of cruising with them :)

Archived