information celebrity sky suite

guerchino

HI guerchino

Sorry I cannot specifically help you:

Can I suggest you go to the Celebrity Forum and at the top of the pages is a "search this forum" button. I typed in Equinox Accessible Sky Suites and heaps of threads came up. The first one I had a quick read of commented on the noise from the buffet above:eek:

I would also to the same on google - you would be amazed at what you turn up!

If you're looking to book one of the accessible Sky Suites on Deck 12, DON'T DO IT !!!!!!!!! They are the worst cabins on the ship because they are located directly below the washing machines for the dishes in the buffet. All night long it sounds like freight trains going through your cabin. Not even ear plugs and a sound machine helped. We spoke to the people in the other cabins around us and every single one of them said the same thing---they would call guest services every night to complain, but nothing was done because there was no way they were going to stop washing dishes. All night long it was BAM BAM as they moved the huge trollies of dishes/pots/pans into and out of the machines. I didn't get one nights sleep for the 11 days of the cruise.

Penny, those Sky Suites were not cheap, by any means, and it really hacks me off that the designers of the ship put those accessible cabins in the worst possible location. Knowing how few accessible cabins there are on the S class ships, it just seems like the designers knew these cabins would be bad, but they figured "what the heck, those disabled people will book these crappy cabins no matter what, because they don't have much choice".

The cabin layout itself is very good and the bathroom is really nice and functional, unlike the accessible bathroom in the HAL suite I was in for the Eurodam cruise. It's just unfortunate that Celebrity allowed such a great suite to be built in the worst possible location. And knowing how expensive these suites are, Celebrity should be ashamed. To be honest, even if they offered these suites for half price I still wouldn't book them because not getting a decent night's sleep is more important than price.

Darie, over the decades I've traveled on all sorts of ships from small to medium but never the mega extra large ones.

I crossed the northern Atlantic twice on a ship of 4,300 tons. Not kidding!

I can sleep through all sorts of normal ship's noise, but not the noises you describe. I would be startled awake every few minutes.

And that says a lot as I live very close to a major airport.

More people need to hear what you've said about this situation.

Well....we stayed in the sky suite on the Solstice for our very first cruise..it was an upgrade...we had read lots of posts Bout the noise factor, so came prepared with earplugs...maybe it was just us, but I didn't find the noise to be intolerable. The spaciousness of the suite and the accessibility features more than made up for the sounds...honestly, it was quiet until around 6:00 a.m., when they would begin setting up the Buffett...we are early risers, so no big deal..

• 3 weeks later...

Sox59, I think we are in the minority because we too were in an accessible sky suite on Silhouette, we sleep very late, and I am a pretty light sleeper. We never had any problems with anything, not the sound, motion, service, size, bathroom.....nothing. Everything was wonderful. I would hate to recommend these suites to someone because Kitty9 has so vehemently cautioned against them that I fear our wonderful experience may have been a fluke and the next guys cruise could be an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions!!! !

It is good to know that others have had some good experience with these cabins. It may be that this sound issue is different from ship to ship, maybe starboard to port side, cabin to cabin, maybe even crew to crew. We were on the western Caribbean sailing, on the Silhouette, in accessible sky suite 2130. I would have no reservations about recommending this particular cabin, and in fact the only reservations I have for this suite are for my eastern Caribbean sailing next spring! :D:D

With regard to the accessible sky suite shower, it is a roll in shower, does have a fold down seat that is a little narrow and close to the wall, but you can have your butler, steward or assistant steward get a bath chair for you.

Archived