Is this QOTS Conceptual Plans?

Tyron

my concern with the ship--- only two elevators-- one forward and one aft.

Only have cruised with 3 sets of elevators which tend to always seem busy. How will only two elevators with that many people onboard be inpacted???

my concern with the ship--- only two elevators-- one forward and one aft.

Only have cruised with 3 sets of elevators which tend to always seem busy. How will only two elevators with that many people onboard be inpacted???

Not sure what you mean by 3 sets. Don't all RCI ship classes have 2 sets of elevators - fore and aft? Except for right after muster, around the Windjammer at breakfast time and at disembarkation, I never really found the amount of elevators on RCI ships to be much of a issue.

True, I'm still hoping (probably futilely) that a Viking Crown Lounge will show up. :p

I thought it was interesting that the various alternatives include and "observation lounge." Unfortunately, they also indicate that the stability with the lounge was questionable [one alternative was listed as "failed"]. I remember hearing that one of the reasons the Freedoms did not have a closeable roof on the Solarium was because they could not afford the weight that high for stability reasons. It may be that on Quantum the VCL has to be sacrificed to get the enclosed spaces necessary for Quantum's cooler climate design.

I could be wrong, and we may never know, but I suspect it is still being considered. What we now see as more or less blank white facades forward of the funnel could turn into an "observation lounge" i.e. the VCL. I would like that.

Not sure what you mean by 3 sets. Don't all RCI ship classes have 2 sets of elevators - fore and aft? Except for right after muster, around the Windjammer at breakfast time and at disembarkation, I never really found the amount of elevators on RCI ships to be much of a issue.

LOL shows how observant I am--LOL always thought there were three forward, aft and midship

Huh, that was really interesting OP, particularly the focus on the Radiance class experience. Thanks for posting!

It appears they were trying to capture the same feel or experience of the Radiance class with a lot of sea views. :cool:

Archived