Share Your "Door Decorations" Pics :)

jvitatoe26

Hello! I want to put something cute on our door, something in reference to our "Beach Bum Birthday Vacation" but I am not sure where to start! We are in room 2470 on Valor, so I dont really thinking finding the corner is gonna be hard, but I think the idea of decorating the door is fun!

I need some ideas, please share your pics if you would like :)

- Jenn

I purchased door decorations for my family at my local party supply store. Each cabin had a different decoration on it. My nephew always knew where his room was because it was the one with the big sun.

ry%3D400

I purchased door decorations for my family at my local party supply store. Each cabin had a different decoration on it. My nephew always knew where his room was because it was the one with the big sun.

ry%3D400

That's so cute!!! I love that it looks 3-D.

My son was just telling me he saw a 3-D Starfish and Seahorse on someone's door on the Liberty last September. It must have been pretty cool for a 14 y/o boy to care abt it enough to comment lol :)

Love them!! Question: Are all the doors like this? With slats? I'm thinking my card stock circles aren't going to fare so well on the door if so... boo :(

I'm on the Valor.

No, not all doors are like these in the pictures. We have sailed on 2 different ships (Destiny & Elation) and neither of those ships had doors like these.

Love them!! Question: Are all the doors like this? With slats? I'm thinking my card stock circles aren't going to fare so well on the door if so... boo :(

I'm on the Valor.

I don't think that all the doors are like this on other ships. I took those pictures while sailing on the Breeze and the door was different than the ones I had when I cruised on other Carnival ships. Below is a picture of our door on the Ecstasy.

ry%3D400

I don't think that all the doors are like this on other ships. I took those pictures while sailing on the Breeze and the door was different than the ones I had when I cruised on other Carnival ships. Below is a picture of our door on the Ecstasy.

ry%3D400

That is so cute! Did you buy it that way or was it to foamies that you stick together??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Our cruise on RCI last summer had a passenger that held some lessons on various crafts. Our daughter enjoyed it a couple of different days. The first one was to make door decorations.

7612583276_e905e142a4_z.jpg

Good think we weren't on Disney, as we used TAPE to affix them to the door. :D

I think I would like to make a door decoration for this cruise....we're drunks and might get lost! :D

Anything weird I should know about? It seems like hiding the tape is a good idea?

I always place the tape behind my decoration just because it looks better. The only advice I have is........... bring extra tape or be prepared to have your decorations tampered with. I have heard stories from others where their door decorations were either tampered with and/or came up missing. This only happened to me once while on the Victory. That's why I don't tend to spend alot of money on the decorations.

That's a bummer....why would people mess with is? I loved seeing other people's decorations!

We'll be off for two weeks before we go, so I might just raid my kid's craft supplies and see what I can do with construction paper and glitter. We might even have some googly eyes!

I think I would like to make a door decoration for this cruise....we're drunks and might get lost! :D

Anything weird I should know about? It seems like hiding the tape is a good idea?

I bought poster putty for $3 at Joann, it comes off clean

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not sure why someone would mess with them. I think it may have been kids playing around. I also like seeing the many different door decorations. I saw these on my cruise on the Breeze. Looks like I could print something like this at home.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I really enjoyed decorating our door on the Victory.. and I plan to decorate it on all of our cruises :D It was awesome coming around the corner and spotting our door!! We did have some peeps steal some of our decorations on the Victory... 2nd day one was missing but then returned later that night.. thought that was pretty funny... but then next day another one was removed and never returned :eek: Still not going to stop me from doing our door on our next cruise on the Gory in JUNE!! Looking for ideas now..

I made door decorations for our group last year (10 cabins) and I'm hoping to do it again for our next cruise in October. It was a lot of fun. No one messed with them and lots of people loved them. Very helpful to find our room!!

DSC04940.jpg.dfe89fe7faf5ad65767286b30269b6fe.jpg

Hello! I want to put something cute on our door, something in reference to our "Beach Bum Birthday Vacation" but I am not sure where to start! We are in room 2470 on Valor, so I dont really thinking finding the corner is gonna be hard, but I think the idea of decorating the door is fun!

I need some ideas, please share your pics if you would like :)

- Jenn

Hi, What do you use to attach decorations on door. Are they magnetic or do you use tape? Thanks

I usually get something from Dollar Tree. Normally we go the week of 4th of July or during that time we'd be celebrating a birthday so I'd get 4th of July stuff with b'day stuff too. One year my niece and nephew were celebrating theirs a day apart and I had flowers with a picture of newborn, school age and current. Just be flexible and the store will give you ideas, usually something in seasonal or go down school supplies row. I also put the tape on the back. As for scissors, I've had to take those small ones they put in sewing kits, when you're on an airplane. This year I found a pack of different things in it like Tiki Beach, picture of umbrella drinks, dancing girls .... you get the beach scene.

We did a cute thing. There were five couples. I googled photo door banners. I then ordered a diffedrrent door banner for each door. I cropped photos of each of us and enlarged them at Costco to 8 x 11 photos. We then taped each of our faces in the holes of the banner. We surprised our friends with these and it was a hoot. Loved of and it made it so easy to find our rooms. We got a ton of compliments on the ship about them. Sorry, I can't get a photo to load for you. Have a great time.