Celebrity Constillation b2b

Chris86

Hey guys.

I’m considering a b2b cruise on the Celebrity Constilation. The first being “the black sea” round-trip from Istanbul and the second being “the holy land’ Istanbul to Rome. I’ve recently completed a Celebrity Solstice cruise to north Queensland. The Ship and trip was amazing. I know the Constellation has been solsitized but would like to know If I should expect the same experience and hardware. (I’ve read a lot of people mention she desperately needs a refit in 2011 and 2012 reviews…I understand she was Solsitized in 2010…)

Also I haven’t come across a review for a Constellation cruise round-trip from Istanbul. The pricing is substantially cheaper than other lines in this area and other celebrity cruises in different regions throughout Europe. I’m wondering if there is a reason for this?

I would be travelling with my parents and siblings. Sibilings are 20 - 28. the cruise is in October any ideas on the age groups for a October/ November cruise is appreciated.

To answer the question about the lack of reviews for the itinerary you have planned - the Black Sea cruise is new for this season and Celebrity is only doing two [one in September and the other October this year so yours will be the second].

As for price, I am assuming that you are looking at the cruises for this year. We thought that the two cruises were rather highly priced when they were first released. [i have been watching the prices since the day they were released but did not book because we thought that they were over-priced]. Sales took a long time to take off but, once they did, the prices started going up.

When you are comparing prices now, have you compared itineraries? Celebrity is really only doing a "half and half" Black Sea cruise. The others we looked at were full Black Sea itineraries.

Sue

thanks scrapnana for the link to the Constellation refit images. Exciting to see they are spending money on her.

Project_gal thanks for the insight. I'm actually looking at October 2014 (links below). We all have other travel commitments this year so I'm doing some early research :) The pricing seems to be lower than this year. The Itinerary is also different, all in the black sea. I've only looked at the Ocean Princess which was $2700 for an inside whereas Celebrity have a balcony for $2100. The holy land is cheaper again.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/searchResultsVacationItinerary.do?packageid=CS11M110&dest=EUROP&shipCode=CS&sailDate=1141014&cabincls=B&promoType=

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/searchResultsVacationItinerary.do?packageid=CS11M111&dest=EUROP&shipCode=CS&sailDate=1141025&cabincls=B&promoType=

Archived