Choice Air

tjika

I'm in the planning stages for a transatlantic cruise. I noticed that if I book in euro's (netherlands), the cruise I want is not eligible for Choice Air. If I book in dollars it is. Will I have any problems booking choice air from the Netherlands with a US booking?

The one way price through choice air is actually half a return instead of double a return booking with an airline.

I'm in the planning stages for a transatlantic cruise. I noticed that if I book in euro's (netherlands), the cruise I want is not eligible for Choice Air. If I book in dollars it is. Will I have any problems booking choice air from the Netherlands with a US booking?

The one way price through choice air is actually half a return instead of double a return booking with an airline.

I would suggest you go over to the cruise air forum and do a search for choice air. When choice air tickets are significantly cheaper than booking through the airline, it is generally because you are purchasing much more restrictive tickets. Searching on the cruise air forum should yield detailed information on the various ways the tickets may be more restrictive. Once informed, you can decide whether or not the savings is worth it to you.

Choice Air is not available if a cruise is booked in UK so I am guessing it is the same for Europe but if you book your cruise with a US TA then you can book flight through Choice Air.

I have done it so I know it can be done.

I would suggest you go over to the cruise air forum and do a search for choice air. When choice air tickets are significantly cheaper than booking through the airline, it is generally because you are purchasing much more restrictive tickets. Searching on the cruise air forum should yield detailed information on the various ways the tickets may be more restrictive. Once informed, you can decide whether or not the savings is worth it to you.

The restrictions don't bother me. I always book the cheapest non refundable, non changeable etc tickets. Also it's only for the return.

I just found an alternative ( Iceland air) which is about $140 more than the choice air option but means an extra hotel stay. Still a significant difference. I haven't decided if I want to go home straight after the cruise so that's still an option.

Choice Air still seems like the best choice. I'll send them email just to be sure.

Archived