jack for digital camera on t.v.'s

rundent

Will be on the Sapphire and would like to know if anyone has used the jacks on the front of the newer t.v.'s to screen their daily pictures taken with their digital cameras. Seems like this would be a great way to discard the poor ones and use less space on our cards. Has anyone seen said jacks? Getting pretty neurotic!:confused::eek:

We recently sailed on the Sapphire. I know we were able to hook up our digital camcorder. My husband is the family electronics guru so I've asked him about doing the same for digital cameras. He says that the TV had standard RCA-type video and audio input jacks mounted in the front, and a switch to go from TV to VIDEO. If the digital camera has the capability of putting out a signal that uses RCA connections, you should be able to connect it to the TV. .

FWIW, on the Sun and a couple of other ships that we've sailed, the TV front jacks used "Input 2", i.e., I had to push the TV/Video button a couple of times to cycle to that input. I'm sure that you would figure this out, but I remember switching to Video "Input 1" the first time I tried it and wondered why my camera signal wasn't coming through. Just thought this might help someone in setting it up for the first time.

Archived