Which floor is best ?

Mark707

Hi All,

First time cruiser and have decided on this cruise line. I have the option of deck 5 or decks 7/8/9 for inside cabins. Not having a clue about all this :) is there any benefit to choosing a higher or lower deck ?

Many thanks

MM707, depends which deck you prefere? higher the deck the more motion you will have but you are nearer the dining services and entertainment.

Midships deck 5 or 6 is what we like...sorry for the short answer but am at work on tea break :D if nodbody has answered by 20:00 will come back to you.

RR

As it's your first cruise I would choose deck 5 as its lower and you don't know how the movement of the sea will affect you! Low and as near to midships as you can get is the best place to be (and cheaper!)

You have made a good choice for your first cruise, we love this ship...not too big and flashy....but good food, brilliant entertainment and nice ports of call. Any more questions just ask!!!:)

Hi All,

many thanks for the replies.

One other thing ( for now ) :) ....... would an outside cabin be a better choice, it's about £100 extra for 2 of us to upgrade to this. We don't intend being in the cabin hardly at all but then again I keep wondering what it will be like to have no daylight coming in especially in the mornings.

For years we had an outside cabin , but by a late booking last October we had an inside cabin and enjoyed that better than an outside (it was a lot quieter, we left the TV on over night (silent) and left it on the Webcam channel ...and as it gets light in the morning the TV shows a wonderful sun rise. as well as saving £100 :D for me now an outside cabin is a luxury where money could be better spent.

But as in life everybody is different :p

I would agree with RR just leave the TV on the ships webcam and that's your window!! :)

The window is the only difference between inside and outside, they are the same size and have the same furniture in. The money you save can go towards the next cruise!! I expect you'll be hooked after the first one like we all were!! :)

Archived