Million Dollar Question

dealin dave

We have a reservation at both Embassy Suites and Marriott Marina. We stayed at the Marina last year and were pleased. This year prior to our Zuderdam cruise we thought we would rather the Embassy for $ 99. per night instead of the Marina for $ 109. both offer breakfast and transport to the port. Where would you stay and is Embassy better value the the Marriott Marina?

Not a million dollar question; a $10 question. You've already stayed at the Marriott and liked it and also know the Embassy gets good reviews. So? It's really not a matter of a difference in money or 'value'. Either way you are fine. Different posters have their favorites, but it's all personal opinion and not worth worrying about either way. Hardly a Super 8 vs. the Ritz decision.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites quite a number of times - both pre and post cruises.

We like the idea that they are handy to a publix in the new Harbor Mall right to the side of the Embassy Suites. And there is a CVS drug store across the street in the other direction. Also it is handy to a lot of restaurants in the area.

The Embassy Suites will begin a massive renovation this September - the top 5 floors over a few months will have all the room and bathrooms completely done over - all new furniture. And she certainly does need the work done on her.

Not worried about the money, actualy I can afford to stay where I want. I do not care if it is $ 10 or $ 100 more per night. I just think it is unfortunate these hotels are in such a great location pre cruise stay, but the upkeep is on the down side!!!

What about the Hyatt Pier 66? No hotel transportation to the port, but I would suggest a taxi from any of the hotels in FLL as it is only a very short distance, inexpensive, and a lot easier than waiting on a hotel shuttle bus. The shuttle busses to the port can be a madhouse of people and luggage.

The Hyatt is also on the Water Taxi line which is a lot of fun, as is the Marriott Marina.

How did you get such a great price at the Embassy Suites? I thought it was much higher there than $99/night.

Archived