Choose Today, Cruise tomorrow voucher.

papcx

Their It system is a long way off that Tim, as we all know.

Costa have a scheme where Costa Club members go to a self service totem onboard and can print off a variety of vouchers for a future cruise. They are all for 10% off. There was no limitation so I printed off around half a dozen, as you had to specify region on each one. Think you needed to be in a certain cabin category to qualify too.

MSC could just have a self service discount or OBC voiced that could be used on all cruises and it would encourage us to book more cruises and not drive us all mad likemthe current scheme. It's actually worse than that, many are feeling conned and destroying trust is very damaging and hard to repair.

Their It system is a long way off that Tim, as we all know.

MSC could just have a self service discount or OBC voiced that could be used on all cruises and it would encourage us to book more cruises and not drive us all mad likemthe current scheme. It's actually worse than that, many are feeling conned and destroying trust is very damaging and hard to repair.

I could not agree more. I am sure it is this British tendency to favour the underdog/appreciate 'The book of heroic failures'/celebrate Eddie the Eagle etc. that MSC bring out in us when dealing with their landside operation. I just feel sympathy and it should not be like that when someone in HQ has messed up and no one there will accept that the 'Choose today, cruise tomorrow' scheme is a catastrophe and the person responsible should be moved on to worse things elsewhere.

Tim

Good morning Cruise Critic friends-

The voucher that is purchased onboard does come with terms and conditions that state it can only be combined with Early Book rates and MSC Club discounts. We are looking into further enhancements to make this more appealing to our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Happy Thursday everyone!

This is an update to my earlier post regarding problems with OBC and these voucehers.

After emailling Customer Service back in May we were still told that the cruise we booked was on a promo - it is only today after four requests that I have been told we booked using the KIS (Keep it Simple) promo.

I was not told this when making the booking, nor was I told I told I couldn't use the voucher.

MSC have now offered to give us the OBC on a cruise we have booked in March 2014, along with 10% discount when we book another cruise with them.

Today I called msc to ask for a price for a cruise. I was quoted a price which was higher than their virtual brochure price and when I asked to use my Choose today, Cruise tomorrow voucher I was told I couldn't as this was a promo price. How can a promo price be higher than the brochure price???

The guy said he would contact Head Office to ask if he could book this cruise on an Early booking price...still waiting for a call back. The cruise i'm looking at is for September 2014, the brochure has only just been published.....how early can you get???

I asked if I could book using the brochure price and was told their system is not set up to quote the brochure price so basically any price you are quoted either on the phone, or online will be a promo price :mad:

MSC are promoting ‘choose today, cruise tomorrow' vouchers on their ships but it is virtually impossible to book a cruise using the voucher.

MSC have a virtual brochure on their website but their sales systems are unable to make a booking using the brochure price.

MSC 2014 Simply Marvellous promo prices are higher than the brochure prices.

Roisin :mad:

I have to say that I think, you are all wrong.

On our last summer cruise we bought this voucher for 20€.

Last October we booked MSC Musica cruise with our agency. We tried to use this voucher. Our agency immediately answered that we can't use it, because it was promotional cruise price.

Than, we booked this July MSC Divina cruise few months ago. We opted for inside stateroom (normal agency price, not brochure price), because we don't want to pay extra just for sleeping and showering in the cabin. Summer nights on MSC bars and disco can be very long :)).

When we made our booking, agency accounted our MSC Gold Card discount. We told them that we have this voucher, and they said OK bring it to us, we will copy it and send it to MSC.

We got our travel vouchers few days ago, and there is written:

Chapter: Services

Sub chapter: Special services

Statement: sb150fcc − Ship board credit 150 eur/usd − Ship board credit 150 eur/usd.

So, it works with MSC.

I think that real problem is your travel agency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to say that I think, you are all wrong.

On our last summer cruise we bought this voucher for 20€.

Last October we booked MSC Musica cruise with our agency. We tried to use this voucher. Our agency immediately answered that we can't use it, because it was promotional cruise price.

Than, we booked this July MSC Divina cruise few months ago. We opted for inside stateroom (normal agency price, not brochure price), because we don't want to pay extra just for sleeping and showering in the cabin. Summer nights on MSC bars and disco can be very long :)).

When we made our booking, agency accounted our MSC Gold Card discount. We told them that we have this voucher, and they said OK bring it to us, we will copy it and send it to MSC.

We got our travel vouchers few days ago, and there is written:

Chapter: Services

Sub chapter: Special services

Statement: sb150fcc − Ship board credit 150 eur/usd − Ship board credit 150 eur/usd.

So, it works with MSC.

I think that real problem is your travel agency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm glad to hear someone has been able to use the voucher.

You don't say which country you booked your cruise from but I have always booked my cruises directly with MSC in their UK office, no travel agency involved. The point of my original post was:

It was MSC who took my booking for my last cruise but did not tell me I couldn't use the voucher.

I understand the terms and conditions.

When calling MSC for a cruise price or booking online you are never quoted a brochure price making it impossible to meet the criteria to use the voucher.

Róisín

I knew the E mail from MSC UK was somewhere regarding this ! from a Previous thread on this issue started by "earn" on the 24th January 2013.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774751&highlight=obc+vouchers+msc

Dear Mr D

This cruise is on a very special offer of £25 per night promotion and your voucher cannot be applied to this cruise.

You can only apply this to Early booking rate promotion or Brochure price.

Kind regards

Edited by sidari

I got one when I was on Fantasia in March and, after locating where I had safely stored it have sent it several days ago to my TA (German) to have it applied to my B2B2B cruise this December....

I will let you all know the reply they get from MSC, especially that the cruises are compiled 4 nights: 3 nights: 7 nights - I wonder if they will only apply it to the seven nighter or if because I am doing the three as B2B if I will get it on the first cruise.

AA ... it will be interesting to hear what response you get to your request especially as depending on where in the world you live MSC seem to have a different answer. Could this be a case of no one actually knows when the voucher should be applied or to what kind of offer other than the person/s who actually came up with the idea ?

I got one when I was on Fantasia in March and, after locating where I had safely stored it have sent it several days ago to my TA (German) to have it applied to my B2B2B cruise this December....

I will let you all know the reply they get from MSC, especially that the cruises are compiled 4 nights: 3 nights: 7 nights - I wonder if they will only apply it to the seven nighter or if because I am doing the three as B2B if I will get it on the first cruise.

The cruise voucher states that it can only be used on cruises of 7 days or more.

Good morning Cruise Critic friends-

The voucher that is purchased onboard does come with terms and conditions that state it can only be combined with Early Book rates and MSC Club discounts. We are looking into further enhancements to make this more appealing to our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Happy Thursday everyone!

I really appreciate that MSC USA is participating on this boards. Thank you for that. Unfortunately, what could be improved or be used in USA is not the same as in other parts of the world. We, in South America, do not have same benefits that Nationals from other countries have, for example we do not have no null solo suplements, which some people have pointed out.

Returning to the subject of this thread, I have tried to use the coupon I have bought onboard for my next cruise with MSC. No chance. I received the information that my rate did not allow it as many on this thread have mentioned. It is very unlikely that the coupon will be of any use to me if I have to book at the broschure prices. Lesson learnt: I will never buy another coupon on board.

The cruise voucher states that it can only be used on cruises of 7 days or more.

That is why I am testing it......how does MSC perceive B2B2B cruises?; if they apply the voucher to the first cruise then it is clear that they perceive it as one cruise, if they apply it to the last cruise (the seven nighter) then they clearly perceive it as three separate cruises; which in the latter case I would expect my club entitled champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries for each of the three cruises.......there is method in my madness ;)

• 2 weeks later...
That is why I am testing it......how does MSC perceive B2B2B cruises?; if they apply the voucher to the first cruise then it is clear that they perceive it as one cruise, if they apply it to the last cruise (the seven nighter) then they clearly perceive it as three separate cruises; which in the latter case I would expect my club entitled champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries for each of the three cruises.......there is method in my madness ;)

Reporting back.....

Dear Mr. Lightfoot,

we want to tell you that your voucher can not be credited on your booking because it can only be credited for cruises with at least 7 days.

If you have any wishes or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We wish you all the best.

With kind regards

But the one cruise does have seven days; 7 - 14 December.

Regards,

Duane

Dear Duane,

Thank you very much for your message.

Normally, the cruise line considers these cruises as two seperate cruises

but we asked the cruise line again for possibilities and will come back to

you when we received a reply.

If you have any further questions or wishes please do not hesitate to

contact us; we are always at your service.

With kind regards

Please convey to MSC that there are three cruises 30/11-04/12 (4 nights); 4/12-07/12 (3 nights) and 07/12-14/12 (7 nights).

Regards,

Duane

Dear Duane,

Thank you very much for your message.

We already told the cruise line that your third cruise is about 7 days and

hope that your voucher will be credited the next days.

If you have any further questions or wishes please do not hesitate to

contact us; we are always at your service.

With kind regards

In that case I will take my three bottles of champagne and plates of chocolate dipped strawberries for each sail away thank you very much :D

I think you will get 3 bottles of fizz and chocolate strawberries.

Egon who spent about a year on the Poesia doing B2Bs continually used to post some of his adventures on the solo forum. It was his first time with MSC, and he accrued his MSC club status as he went and was soon Black. He talked about his new table companions each week at dinner and sharing his weekly bubbly and strawberries with them.

• 4 months later...

I stumbled on this regarding how the new voucher scheme works on the Divina while searching on a site that Sidari pointed me to.

There are two options for on-board bookings. 'Choose Today' is for passengers who reserve a specific ship, sail date and stateroom category, and the shipboard credit is applied at the time of booking. The deposit is $100 per person and no additional payment is due until final payment.

The 'Choose Later' option gives passengers up to four years from the issue date, and the shipboard credit will be applied when the specific cruise is decided. A non-refundable $100 deposit applies and no additional payment is due until final payment.

With either option, passengers can use MSC Club discounts and certain other promotions.

Future cruise consultant bookings are available only to residents of the United States and Canada.

[from "MSC Divina future cruise consultant program gives shipboard credit", Seatrade Insider]

The last sentence is galling. Why are citizens of other countries not entitled to benefit from this far more sensible and fair system, even on the same ship?

Of note however, from the first paragraph, is the apparent ability to be able to book a cruise onboard. Perhaps the IT system is slowly creaking into place?

Edited by Skipper Tim

I was ultimately successful in getting my $300 obc for the seven day portion of my cruise, but.......

Although it was on my ticket, Napoli sent through a $0.00 on the intranet; so it wasn't until the penultimate day that Napoli responded confirming the $300 obc - not that it made a dent in my total bill :o

Which brings me to something I have said over and over again - Napoli needs to cut the apron strings and stop micro-managing; growing at the rate it is this style of management can only lead to disaster.

The last sentence is galling. Why are citizens of other countries not entitled to benefit from this far more sensible and fair system, even on the same ship?

Somewhat like charging everyone else onboard for room service but not North Americans!! (Divina that is)

Somewhat like charging everyone else onboard for room service but not North Americans!! (Divina that is)

Sidari, you should learn to press the quote button. My remarks are crown copyright!

I'm beginning to feel really lucky for having absolutely no issues using mine on October Black Sea On Musica. However that was pronto price and MSC discount. Think they reduced the single supplement a bit.

That said, most likely will not buy another one given the issues people have using them and it would seem they can't be use on repo cruises.

They need to change this scheme, perhaps to the US one where there is less

OBC but less restrictions

Could you please kindly tell us how did you use your coupon? Did you book through a travel agent? Did you receive a confirmation before boarding that your coupon was accepted or the on board credit just appeared on your account once on board?

Could you please kindly tell us how did you use your coupon? Did you book through a travel agent? Did you receive a confirmation before boarding that your coupon was accepted or the on board credit just appeared on your account once on board?

I booked by phone with MSC UK. I told them I had the voucher when making the booking. They asked me to read details from the voucher over the phone. I then scanned and emailed the voucher to them. I got an acknowledgement that she had received it and it was fine. The €200 showed on my confirmation invoice and on my etickets when I received them. It also showed up on my onboard account without any issues.

The cruise I booked was just at pronto proce less MSC Club discount. The issue appears to be that you cannot use with any other promotion and the repos seem to be classed as being priced under a promotional rate.

I booked by phone with MSC UK. I told them I had the voucher when making the booking. They asked me to read details from the voucher over the phone. I then scanned and emailed the voucher to them. I got an acknowledgement that she had received it and it was fine. The €200 showed on my confirmation invoice and on my etickets when I received them. It also showed up on my onboard account without any issues.

The cruise I booked was just at pronto proce less MSC Club discount. The issue appears to be that you cannot use with any other promotion and the repos seem to be classed as being priced under a promotional rate.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will ask my travel agent to send me the confirmation.