Hotels at Rome Airport

EvelynAlexa

We fly from California to Rome, so always stay at the Hilton at the Airport. Request non smoking room, no problem. We were there for the 3rd time in April this year. Never saw anyone smoking in the lobby by the way.

My DH is 81, I am 66... so what we want after a long flight is a good bed and quiet hotel. We have visited Rome in the past and may do so again. The shuttle from the hotel in to Rome works for us.

Getting from the airport to the hotel, it is a long walk, we have done it a few times. This last time, my DH insisted on getting a taxi. Costs us about $35 for a short distance but worth it if you are 81.

We always arrange for a private car service Romecabs.com to take us to the port. Very reliable.

Just a bid of more information. There also is the FCO Hilton Garden. This hotel opened in 2008. It does not provide transportation into Rome but has small resturant services within the Hotel at a reasonable cost. Hilton will provide transportation from the main Hotel to the Garden Hotel at no cost. Remember when collecting your luggage at the airport do you stay at a Hilton or do you follow the signs that are marked train station? It is easy to catch the Leanardo Express to Termi Station where there are Hotel and a taxi stand outside the train station. I hope this information helps. Tim

Just a bid of more information. There also is the FCO Hilton Garden. This hotel opened in 2008. It does not provide transportation into Rome but has small resturant services within the Hotel at a reasonable cost. Hilton will provide transportation from the main Hotel to the Garden Hotel at no cost. Remember when collecting your luggage at the airport do you stay at a Hilton or do you follow the signs that are marked train station? It is easy to catch the Leanardo Express to Termi Station where there are Hotel and a taxi stand outside the train station. I hope this information helps. Tim

That's the "HGI" that was mentioned upthread. Both Hiltons share that shuttle, but it is labeled for the HGI.

Archived