Gretna?

skittl1321

We found a good park and cruise at a Quality Inn in Gretna. There were so few hotels available, we didn't have much choice and after 15 hours of driving, I can't imagine we'll care much about the hotel.

Is this a safe place to leave our car for a week?

Most sound like the hotel sucks, breakfast is okay, the shuttle is good. No one reported anything about their car- so I guess that means it is safe enough.

I do wonder what happened because I booked it based on recommendations here, then after booking saw the awful reviews. I lose a deposit if I cancel, so now I'm just concerned with the safety of my car and reliability of the shuttle. We'll seriously be in the hotel for less than 10 hours.

If it is truly horrible, I'll take the loss on the deposit and stay in Mississippi or something a few hours out.

We had looked in the Gretna area once but decided against it after reading it might not be the safest area to stay in. I personally don't have any experience in staying in NOLA-we always stay outside the city and drive in that morning and leave our car at Fulton Garage for $12 a day.

We stayed there last year and are booked again for a June cruise. It certainly is not a 4 star hotel, however the staff is great, shuttle is great and you can't beat the price. Our car was very safe, no problems whatsoever.

We stayed there last year and are booked again for a June cruise. It certainly is not a 4 star hotel, however the staff is great, shuttle is great and you can't beat the price. Our car was very safe, no problems whatsoever.

Thanks. We'll be there on Sunday. We won't get in until about 1am, so I'm not worried about much of anything except a place to lay my head for a few hours before I get on the boat.

Thanks. We'll be there on Sunday. We won't get in until about 1am, so I'm not worried about much of anything except a place to lay my head for a few hours before I get on the boat.

Please report back and let us know how it was!

Enjoy the cruise!

We just stayed there for our April cruise and everything was fine. My car was fine. The shuttle was good with the exception of waiting for awhile at the ferry to downtown. Excellent service to the port and back. Definitely not a 4 star hotel, but I would stay there again. We arrived at 7 am after a 15hr. drive and they even let us check in. Couldn't complain about that.

Just got back after staying here. Room was clean. Front desk was helpful. Shuttle was right there in the morning and right there when we got back. I probably wouldn't do this location if I was staying more than the night before or wanted to go downtown. We got in at 1:30 in the morning, and I can say that they did have a security guard who was doing rounds in the parking area when we got there. Car was fine. Not sure what the complaints were about, but I didn't have a problem.

Archived