FLL Pre-cruise Hotel and Restaurant for Special Celebration

jbaz

Hi There

I am cruising on the Oasis departing FLL on 11th January 2014. This will be the last leg of our 5 week trip to USA.

We will be arriving into FLL the day before, on the 10th which is my birthday - my 40th Birthday!!!

I'm travelling with my husband and 13 year old daughter and would really love some recommendations for a Pre-cruise hotel. My wish list is as follows:

* close to amenities such as a supermarket, pharmacy, liquor store to pick up last minute supplies;

* perhaps located near the water taxi service for some sight seeing during the day

* not too far from Port

* walking distance to a fabulous restaurant where I can celebrate that night with my family with good food, service and some pre-cruise cocktails of course (recommendations for a restaurant would be very welcome). We love seafood, italian, modern cuisine).

Thanks in advance for your help.

jbaz

Stay at Hilton Marina. They have a water taxi stop. You can have a nice meal at Market 17, China Grill, or Bimini Boatyard, all within a block or 2. Walgreens is 2 blocks away and will have supplies. It's 3 blocks from port entrance.

Agree with the two posters. Embassy Suites on 17th St might do well since you have your daughter along. More room. Across the street from Harbor Shops Mall. You'll find everything you need there.

HIlton would be my next choice for your wishes.

Use tripadvisor.com to read some recent reviews. Both are popular with cruisers due to locations. Enjoy your time here!

Archived