Shipmate Deserters

Anthony63

Hey all, trying to find the answer to this on Google...can't seem to locate the right info though. :confused:

My husband wants to know what is Royal's policy re: bringing liquids (namely beverages of the local bottled non-alcoholic variety) back onboard when in port? He enjoys picking up local Coca Cola and/or Pepsi or other beverage bottles or cans when in port. Some for drinking, some for gifting. Not talking a case here, maybe 3-4 per port tops.

Would they allow *that* back in the stateroom with us or would they confiscate til the last night onboard?

I don't recall from last time we cruised Royal, plus it was several years ago and their policy may have changed since. If no one knows, I may have to *gasp* call the cruise line and talk to an actual person! :rolleyes: LOL!

Thanks in advance for any help! :o

Edited by Thefinkelfour

Thanks Anthony! Knowing my luck, they'd be able to spot my counterfeit seal and I wouldn't get the bottle back EVER. :(

They're real hardA$$es on this cruise line when it comes to beverages able to be brought onboard. Negative point to RCI for that.

I'm not a big alcoholic-beverage drinker in that I may have 2-3 a DAY on this trip (and hubby hardly ever drinks due to meds he takes), but we do enjoy being able to bring our own soda and water onboard!

My husband wants to know what is Royal's policy re: bringing liquids (namely beverages of the local bottled non-alcoholic variety) back onboard when in port? He enjoys picking up local Coca Cola and/or Pepsi or other beverage bottles or cans when in port. Some for drinking, some for gifting. Not talking a case here, maybe 3-4 per port tops.

Would they allow *that* back in the stateroom with us or would they confiscate til the last night onboard?

I don't recall from last time we cruised Royal, plus it was several years ago and their policy may have changed since.

Thanks in advance for any help! :o

Ok from all the info i have gathered from internet my cousin who cruises a lot. And RCCL short answer they would take it and give it back to you the last night. And that might nite be a bad thing. Long answer is maybe not depends on who is manning the scanners they may let you bring it on board if not then they will store it for you. A friend of my cousin when they were boarding after picking up some beer they asked if beer was in the bag they Saudi no it was candles and they let them onboard. People have brought cases of water and soda onboard some have lost it other not but that is at the start of the cruise. If it is just a few cans of non-alcoloic beverages just put them with the rest of the souvenirs and if they ask say it is souvenirs. If they look say what it is if they say you can't bring it give it to them and tell them to store it. Worst case is they take it and throw it away and your out at most 8.00 for 4 bottles.

Ok from all the info i have gathered from internet my cousin who cruises a lot. And RCCL short answer they would take it and give it back to you the last night. And that might nite be a bad thing. Long answer is maybe not depends on who is manning the scanners they may let you bring it on board if not then they will store it for you. A friend of my cousin when they were boarding after picking up some beer they asked if beer was in the bag they Saudi no it was candles and they let them onboard. People have brought cases of water and soda onboard some have lost it other not but that is at the start of the cruise. If it is just a few cans of non-alcoloic beverages just put them with the rest of the souvenirs and if they ask say it is souvenirs. If they look say what it is if they say you can't bring it give it to them and tell them to store it. Worst case is they take it and throw it away and your out at most 8.00 for 4 bottles.

Thanks very much for the info, I really appreciate your time! I'll let ya know how it turned out for us if you want me to. : )

Always like to know how things work out.

Most definitely. We will bring some of those powdered iced tea mix packets and some individual Yoohoo packets too (found those in Dollar Tree!) plus I have a Bobble

waterbobble dot com

and getting one for Eric too. Good for filtering tap water!

plus I have a Bobble

waterbobble dot com

and getting one for Eric too. Good for filtering tap water!

Just had mdw add to the list a few bottles of water. That way if i have to i can empty them out before bonding and still have the bottle to take with me when we do our excursions.